Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R1Soft CDP Services

Hello EJ,

We have upgraded the network port speed of the server to improve the data backup speed. I'll keep it monitoring for next 24 hours.If you will notice any issue please update in the ticket I'll look into it further.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Alex Parker
    Senior System Administrator.
    Dedicated Hosting || Semi Dedicated Hosting|Disaster Recovery Solutions

EMAIL:alex @ eukhost.com
    MSN: alex @ eukhost.com

Comment

I notice that r1softbackup2.specialservers.com has had the RAM upgraded (not a Network Pork change?) - the lack of performance doesn't appear to have been due to RAM. It's still desperately slow.
      A simple Vacuum has been in progress for 8 hours (bridging the RAM upgrade). I'm unable to get the Task List to respond, to that I can cancel it and try a re-run.
      sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
      (I'm not social )

Comment

A few days on and there are no apparent improvements. An automated Archive didn't occur last night, no doubt due to the other tasks that had been in the queue for hours. I manually added a Vacuum task that is still in the queue after at least 4 hours - I can't say precisely how long because the web interface is virtually unusable, due to (what is not now) exceptionally poor performance.
        (I'm not social )

Comment

Originally posted by ejsolutions View Post
          A few days on and there are no apparent improvements. An automated Archive didn't occur last night, no doubt due to the other tasks that had been in the queue for hours. I manually added a Vacuum task that is still in the queue after at least 4 hours - I can't say precisely how long because the web interface is virtually unusable, due to (what is not now) exceptionally poor performance.
          Hi EJ,

Just to confirm the same as discussed privately, I am speaking with our senior system administrator Alex regarding the performance issues on the R1soft CDP server. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Ben Stones.

Comment

Thanks to Ben & Alex for pushing this along.
            Time will tell.
            (I'm not social )

Comment

Hello EJ,
              We have made few setting in the R1soft configuration file. We are being monitoring it since last 24 hours and didn't notice any issue will keep it monitoring for next few days.
              Thanks and Regards,
              Alex Parker

Comment

Thank for the update.
                I can't connect to #2 again (quelle surprise!), so unable to verify the daily snapshot.

Finally loaded the web interface login screen after what must have been close to a timeout. However, after logging in, I've given up on it again - it is unworkable!
                (I'm not social )

Comment

Originally posted by ejsolutions View Post
                  Thank for the update.
                  I can't connect to #2 again (quelle surprise!), so unable to verify the daily snapshot.

Finally loaded the web interface login screen after what must have been close to a timeout. However, after logging in, I've given up on it again - it is unworkable!
                  I've asked Alex to look into this for you now.
                  Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hello EJ,
                    Still do you have any issue ? Please email me screenshot if still you having any trouble to login the web interface.
                    Thanks and Regards,
                    Alex Parker

Comment

Just tried both servers and the responses were fine (unlike the daily task reports).
                      I've just rerun a failed merge on one and the other failed an hourly snapshot due to the daily taking too long to run. Neither issues are major, just irritating: let's see if I get a clean reports tomorrow.
                      (I'm not social )

Comment

https://r1softbackup2.specialservers.com/login.zul
                        Dead as a can of spam - again!
                        (Unlike #3, which on the face of it looks OK.)

Brought to you by ejMonitoring Services.
                        (I'm not social )

Comment

I think it about time that some tweaks were made to the backup servers.
                          I noticed warnings about Backup Manager disc space in reports, which may have been addressed now but appeared on reports for quite a few days.
                          Periodic Task History culling should be set, or fix the action in the user interface, that prevents users for cleaning the History. I have 146 pages of History on one Manager, for example.
                          (I'm not social )

Comment

Hello Ej,

The Task history clean time is set to 30 days by default on all our backup servers, to keep the track of old backup tasks and troubleshooting any underlying issues. I can understand it would be a long list but it won't be causing any issue while backup.
                            Thanks and Regards,
                            Alex Parker

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                              Hello Ej,

The Task history clean time is set to 30 days by default on all our backup servers, to keep the track of old backup tasks and troubleshooting any underlying issues. I can understand it would be a long list but it won't be causing any issue while backup.
                              30 days does seem appropriate.
                              The alerts over the lack of space in the Backup Manager, makes for a backup Report that is 'unclean', however. Hopefully that has now been addressed.
                              (I'm not social )

Comment

A number of hourly and a daily snapshot have been missed, likely due to the following:

Start Time October 7, 2013 1:34:07 AM BST
                                End Time October 7, 2013 4:08:02 AM BST
                                Run Time 2h 33m 54
                                Total Deltas 1.7 GB -> 1.5 GB (ratio 1.1:1)
                                Average Throughput 328 KB/s
                                So, a backup across a modem would be just about quicker!

The subsequent Merge also took in excess of two hours to complete.

As it stands, this really isn't the most reliable of methods for secure backups, given the history of issues.
                                (I'm not social )

Comment

Working...
                                X