Ordering Expired Domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Expired Domain

There is a domain name that has expired recently and I'm keen to get it. Is there any way that I can grab it in advance through you?

Re: Ordering Expired Domain

Dear Rockhail,

Please let us know the domain name that you would like to re-acquire, its depends on many aspects like the domain name is registered with us or not, is the domain under redemption zone, the domain Tld (.com, .org, .net etc.). We can try to back order the domain name for you for which you may need to pay a bit higher than the regular cost.

Please check the below post on domain cycle which may help you more on this:

What is domain life cycle | How is domain name life cycle | Domain Life-Cycle Process

Comment

Thanks JeffreyJ for responding. I just check the domain is in redemption status as per WHOIS records and from Godaddy. I wont be able to disclose the domain name now for obvious reason It's a .COM domain which i am chasing.
      Could you please help me with the extra charges for back ordering it if it's possible.

Comment

Ohh! that's sad. You may contact me on our live chat support or you may PM the domain name to me so I can provide you full information on the costing.

Comment

I hope you get that domain name without any hiccups, but there is a very thin chance that you will get it quite easily. First hurdle is, domain owner itself, he/she may probably renew that domain name before it expire and he/she let it to be expired then back ordering such kind of a domain specially if it’s registered with GoDaddy is just a pain in a$$.

The problem with GoDaddy back ordering process is more than one person can backorder the same domain and they make sure that thing happen; mostly they place expired domain names in the auction, which is always a win-win situation for them.

Comment

If you are planning to grab/backorder a dropped domain which is in auction you may need to pay some additional charges for the membership of Domain Monitoring and Auction however there's no guarantee that you would win the bid if the domain is worthy

Comment

On the side note I would like to say one thing specifically – “Such types of domains are not worthy” because “worthy things don’t go in the Auctions” or at least their owners don’t let them to be expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
                On the side note I would like to say one thing specifically – “Such types of domains are not worthy” because “worthy things don’t go in the Auctions” or at least their owners don’t let them to be expired.

True but if it's one man army then the owner may forget to renewal the domain for some reason (it's very rare)
                May i know who's the most reliable registrar providing the domain backorder service.

Comment

May i know who's the most reliable registrar providing the domain backorder service.
                  As per my experience – Namecheap and Enom

Comment

Domains are back ordered at NameJet. eNom is partnered with NameJet, the premier source for aftermarket domain names. Minimum Price to bid a domain at Namejet is $69.00.

NameJet always has a fresh selection of exclusive, premium domains. NameJet's Pre-Release names are already located with their partner registrars, so the high bid gets you the name.

Comment

True but if it's one man army then the owner may forget to renewal the domain for some reason (it's very rare)
                      Agreed, but honestly, I don’t like such type of practice, but then it doesn’t mean it cannot work. And I know several people who still buy expired domains; I just don’t understand their logic behind purchasing those useless domains. I am sure they are not going to get listed in Forbes list of the richest people, but they will probably get listed in the list of idiots though.

I mean, just look at NameJet now - $69.00 a minimum price to bid and you will never know who is actually bidding against you. It’s totally pointless.

Comment

Many domain names expire every day due to several reasons. I don't think everyone wants to get listed in Forbes list of the richest people Few just want to make money out of the expired domains if they have good knowledge about SEO, Backlinks and all.

I agree that with Namejet, you will never know who is actually bidding against you however you pay $69 only if you win over the domain and we have actually won 3-4 domains at Namejet. Sometimes we won the domain within 15 Days Or 1 month from the time we placed a Bid while sometimes it took almost 6 months for the domain to be under our control.

Comment

I don't think everyone wants to get listed in Forbes list of the richest people
                          That would be a whole different story

as I said earlier, because I don’t like that kind of practice it doesn’t mean it cannot work. You may probably think why the hell this person doesn’t like buying expired domains? There are two reasons that put me against purchasing expired domains – 1) Technical 2) Moral.

1) Many times expired domains are the victim of bad SEO and illogical promotion methods and probably useless for even sending email from.

2) If I purchase an expired domain to reap advantages from its existing popularity, whatever it’s, then it would be quite a deceptive approach. It’s like taking credit for someone’s hard work by doing nothing to earn and probably I will look like a self-serving scum

Comment

Hi,

I think a new domain name registration would work better if you are thinking to create your own brand on the Internet.

Comment

ban-img
                            Working...
                            X