Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudfilter overloaded, blocking outgong emails

Hi,

I have an issue with Cloudfilter - I'm not sure if this is your product or a 3rd party but as I can't find a direct support contact, here goes.

I often notice that Cloudfilter is heavily loaded although it doesn't normally cause a significant problem. However, today I had a few outbound emails bouncing and decided to investigate. The bounce was:
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<intendedRecipient>:
    host mx-2.futureservers.net [66.155.26.128]: 550-Verification failed for <my email address>
    550-Called: 31.193.134.76
    550-Sent: RCPT TO:<my email address>
    550-Response: 550 Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC5321 4.1.1.1)
    550 Sender verify failed

I had a look at my domain with Professional Toolset | DNSstuff
    and got the following FAIL

SMTP banner None of the banner greetings comply with SMTP specified format. Further tests will not be performed, as we cannot be sure these are in fact SMTP servers.
    213.229.77.94 | unexpected response to [] | 421 Too much load; please try again later.

This has been happening for 4 hours now.

It's bad enough that Cloudfilter's lack of resources is slowing down incoming email but unacceptable that it should be resulting in outbound emails bouncing.

I appreciate that when you test this problem that the load may have reduced and the problem stops but, it will happen again next time there is a heavy load.

Can you get Cloudfilter's HELO to be RFC valid please.

Thanks,
    Nick

Re: Cloudfilter overloaded, blocking outgong emails

Hello Nick,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We are working on your issue & shall update you at an earliest regarding the same.

Regards,
    Garry K.

Comment

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your patience.

We have raised an ticket with us regarding the issue you are facing. Please keep this ticket id for your reference :- RKM-389-96831

We will update you through the same ticket.

Would request you to please update the ticket if you have any queries or concern regarding the same.

Regards,
      Garry K.

Comment

Originally posted by nickkitson View Post
        Hi,

I have an issue with Cloudfilter - I'm not sure if this is your product or a 3rd party but as I can't find a direct support contact, here goes.

I often notice that Cloudfilter is heavily loaded although it doesn't normally cause a significant problem. However, today I had a few outbound emails bouncing and decided to investigate. The bounce was:
        SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<intendedRecipient>:
        host mx-2.futureservers.net [66.155.26.128]: 550-Verification failed for <my email address>
        550-Called: 31.193.134.76
        550-Sent: RCPT TO:<my email address>
        550-Response: 550 Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC5321 4.1.1.1)
        550 Sender verify failed

I had a look at my domain with Professional Toolset | DNSstuff
        and got the following FAIL

SMTP banner None of the banner greetings comply with SMTP specified format. Further tests will not be performed, as we cannot be sure these are in fact SMTP servers.
        213.229.77.94 | unexpected response to [] | 421 Too much load; please try again later.

This has been happening for 4 hours now.

It's bad enough that Cloudfilter's lack of resources is slowing down incoming email but unacceptable that it should be resulting in outbound emails bouncing.

I appreciate that when you test this problem that the load may have reduced and the problem stops but, it will happen again next time there is a heavy load.

Can you get Cloudfilter's HELO to be RFC valid please.

Thanks,
        Nick
        Hi Nick,

I've updated the ticket RKM-389-96831.

We've also checked the MX records using this Network Tools: MXSuperTool & the results are as below:
        Connecting to 31.193.134.76

220 roundhay.cloudfilter.eu ESMTP Exim 4.84-75130 Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:19:35 +0000 [2792 ms]
        EHLO MXTB-PWS3.mxtoolbox.com
        250-roundhay.cloudfilter.eu Hello mxtb-pws3.mxtoolbox.com [64.20.227.133]
        250-SIZE
        250-8BITMIME
        250-STARTTLS
        250 HELP [764 ms]
        MAIL FROM: <[email protected]>
        250 OK [749 ms]
        RCPT TO: <[email protected]>

SendSMTPCommand: You hung up on us after we connected. Please whitelist us. (connection lost)

MXTB-PWS3v2 9469ms
        Please feel free to contact our support team if you require any further assistance.
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

ban-img
        Working...
        X