Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303 or 301 redirection

Hello,

Built my site on a .com domain, now we are looking to use uk.com or co.uk. My question is:

I would like to have the .com.mt still ranking in the search engine but using the page title, keywords and description of the .com domain, is this possible?

Re: 303 or 301 redirection

For temporary redirect you should opt 303, but it depends on the need of alternate behavior on POST/PUT/DELETE. For permanent redirect you can prefer 301.

Comment

Which of the 303 and 301 will take the description, keywords and page title of the .com domain?

Comment

None, it’s just for redirection. To carry description, keywords and page title of the domain to desired location, you will have to add them manually on each web page.

Comment

What I am actually trying to achieve is have my .com.mt still ranking at the same level than the .com but only the .com will have the content. the com.mt will have absolutely no content so there is no questions about duplicated content at all.

Comment

Well, in that case you better redirect .com.mt to .com domain.

Comment

I had always heard that you don't talk about 303 or 301 redirection, as it basically means you don't know what you are doing. I still think it's best explained. We are all new once.

Comment

301, 302, 303, 307 and 308 are the various types of redirects. The type of redirect that you use depends upon what you need. 301 is a temporary redirect and 303 is meant to dissuade constant refreshing of a webpage. It is usually a 301 redirect that is used by most webmasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaque View Post
                  301, 302, 303, 307 and 308 are the various types of redirects. The type of redirect that you use depends upon what you need. 301 is a temporary redirect and 303 is meant to dissuade constant refreshing of a webpage. It is usually a 301 redirect that is used by most webmasters.
                  A small clarification on your response – 301 means permanent redirection and 302 redirect means the page is moved temporarily.

Comment

ban-img
                  Working...
                  X