Taking over a domain.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking over a domain.

I am in negotiations about taking over a domain that is already in existence. I love the domain name and wouldn't want to change it. I believe this company is still using a server that is still located on their premises. Is it going to be hard to switch all of that over to cloud hosting?

Re: Taking over a domain.

As soon as you that over the domain name, it will be under your control. All you have to do is to point that domain name to the server by updating the "Nameservers". Make sure that you have uploaded the website data on to your cloud server before changing the name servers. once the domain is pointed to the server after the propagation, you website would be running from your new cloud server.

For More information please refer the below link:-

Click Here

Regards,
    Cyril Clive
    eUkhost Ltd

Comment

Are you negotiating just for the domain name registration for even for it's website content(full fledged website)?
      if it's just the change in domain name ownership then it's ok and you simply take control of the domain control panel and ask loosing owner to change the domain whois records and then host your own website for this domain.
      If it's including website content then you will need to get the backup of website content and host it on your hosting account.

Comment

If it is only a domain the transfer is quite simple and involves only change in nameservers besides switching ownership details. But if there is a website on the domain then you may need an expert to handle the transfer to help you get the contents of the website. There are tutorials online that you can use if you want to do it yourself.

Comment

It is good to check the history of the domain by using online tools to check whether the domain was involved in any malicious activity or supported a website with unacceptable content. If there was any such problem with the domain before then it will be difficult for you to rank your website in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess View Post
            It is good to check the history of the domain by using online tools to check whether the domain was involved in any malicious activity or supported a website with unacceptable content. If there was any such problem with the domain before then it will be difficult for you to rank your website in the future.
            I have always wondered about this. How hard it was to buy an existing domain name. I think there is a lot to consider before investing in an existing domain name.

Comment

If you have to take the ownership of the domain name then a change in the nameserver required. If you want the content of the website as well then first take a backup and then host on your hosting options. Well, I would suggest to just take the ownership of the domain name and launch a new website altogether as this will help you to reach your target market effectively following the latest trends of web design and development.

Comment

ban-img
              Working...
              X