vm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vm question

I'm going to be transferring 2 sites to my enlight one's a WordPress page and the other is a vbulletin with a lot of flash involved. the way i understand it is cpu and ram and hdd should automatically adjust the resources for my vm or should I add resources before I transfer them

I know I'm such a noob

Originally posted by triton1 View Post
    I'm going to be transferring 2 sites to my enlight one's a WordPress page and the other is a vbulletin with a lot of flash involved. the way i understand it is cpu and ram and hdd should automatically adjust the resources for my vm or should I add resources before I transfer them

I know I'm such a noob
    I suggest that you look at your current hosting provision and determine the disc space used and RAM allocation, then use that as a starting point. As long as you select that the vm should scale (in your eNlight control panel), then that will be sufficient.
    EJ
    sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
    (I'm not social )

Comment

thanks ejs i think to be on the safe side i'll increase the hdd so i don't run into problems for the transfer then i'll play with the ram

Comment

Hello Triton,

Welcome to autoscaling world

The eNlight Cloud does automatic scaling of CPU and RAM. The disk comes under Pay Per Allocation and disk is not auto scaled.
        Disk can be increased on the fly but it requires a manual operation.

In case of Windows, only RAM is auto scaled and not the CPU. By default, with a Widnows VM we provide 4 cores which can be upgraded or downgraded on request.
        You will get a Windows VM with 1GB to 8GB auto scalability and you pay only for used RAM out of it. eNlight Cloud will take care of your server performance

Let us know in case you need any assistance from my side.

Comment

Thanks rishi setting the extra disk space was some what easy, had to do it twice 20GB comes with enlight and I forgot about that when i added extra GB it added the 20 + what I added and came out with way to much so when i saw my mistake I destroyed the disk and started over and all went well

Comment

Working...
          X