Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between your "scalable" VPS Hosting and eNlight Cloud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between your "scalable" VPS Hosting and eNlight Cloud?

Hello,

I'm not entirely certain whether I understand what the technical differences are from your VPS Hosting packages versus your eNlight Cloud Hosting. We're needing to upgrade to a more robust solution for our phone accessory e-commerce store but the only major differences I can see between your VPS hoting and cloud hosting is that the eNlight Cloud is pre-paid, whereas your VPS hosting is paid on a strictly month to month basis.

Can you explain what the differences are please?

Rgds,
    Michael.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

The differences between eNlight Cloud and our VPS Hosting is that eNlight Cloud has back-end redundancy because many servers are servicing your eNlight Cloud, not just one server - so if one server fails, another server will take over to ensure there is no downtime to any VMs that would otherwise have been affected in a traditional VPS Hosting environment.

Regarding the "scaling" add-on on our VPS Hosting packages, this is entirely optional and costs an additional 10 per month. If you purchase this addon with your VPS Hosting, your VPS will make you of the reserved CPU and RAM resources allocated to your virtual private server in case of a spike in traffic or load of your VPS, and so in these cases our scaling system will scale upto 2 CPUs & 1536 MB RAM when necessary. On all of our Linux VPS nodes, we keep a certain amount of resources free as a reserve to allocate to customers who have virtual private servers and purchase the scaling add-on (Burstable RAM & CPU)

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Ben Sones.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
    Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
    Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
    Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Working...
    X