Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eNlight Reviews?

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone here has tried eNlight Cloud Hosting? How is the performance?
    I'm currently on a VPS but given the buzz around cloud computing would like to give it a try. And it's the best opportunity i'm getting with the 25 Free Credit with eNlight.

If someone could give me a hands on review that would make me sure of it.
    Last edited by DanielCzech; 14-09-2012, 12:55.

Re: eNlight Cloud Server Hosting Reviews

I've been using it since April had a few burps but nothing major, it's fast and the performance is outstanding and it's a money saver

Comment

Originally posted by triton1 View Post
      I've been using it since April had a few burps but nothing major, it's fast and the performance is outstanding and it's a money saver
      That's good! i think i'll give it a shot.!
      I hope the 25 Free Credit with eNlight is still available.

Comment

It is an excellent product offer.

Total freedom on your own vps but the support team there to help. Also you only pay for what you use and can set the resource caps to meet your budget.

A couple of minor hiccups - but I expected that as the team is learning as they develop the service, and I have no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielCzech View Post
          That's good! i think i'll give it a shot.!
          I hope the 25 Free Credit with eNlight is still available.
          Hi,

The 25 free eNlight Cloud credit is indeed still available . Use the promotional code TRYENLIGHT.

Regards,

Ben Stones.

Comment

I have only been using Cloud hosting for about a month and I can say that I am reasonably happy with it. However there is an issue I'd like to talk about:

I have an account with monitor.us and I do get ping and http failures on occasions, like recently monitor.us reported an outage of 3 hours! And from 2 different locations (EU and USA), yet the support ppl tell that the server has been "up" 100% and that I should check that my FW didn't block these tests, I can confirm that having the installed CSF hasn't reported any "unusual" activity.

I believe that server uptime is one thing, network and connection availabilty is another, I would like to know if this is due to the way monitor.us tests availabilty or if there are times when Cloud server are indeed unavailable to this type of monitoring.

Also I pay a fixed fee every months for my Cloud server, yet it seems that "Cloud" is meant to be "Flexible", I have yet to grasp this concept. Please Enlighten me (no puns intended).

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scothorse View Post
              I have only been using Cloud hosting for about a month and I can say that I am reasonably happy with it. However there is an issue I'd like to talk about:

I have an account with monitor.us and I do get ping and http failures on occasions, like recently monitor.us reported an outage of 3 hours! And from 2 different locations (EU and USA), yet the support ppl tell that the server has been "up" 100% and that I should check that my FW didn't block these tests, I can confirm that having the installed CSF hasn't reported any "unusual" activity.

I believe that server uptime is one thing, network and connection availabilty is another, I would like to know if this is due to the way monitor.us tests availabilty or if there are times when Cloud server are indeed unavailable to this type of monitoring.

Also I pay a fixed fee every months for my Cloud server, yet it seems that "Cloud" is meant to be "Flexible", I have yet to grasp this concept. Please Enlighten me (no puns intended).

Thanks.
              Hi,

There really isn't any absolutely correct definition of cloud hosting, but the term comes from an abstractive logical diagram to illustrate the infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. In the case of eNlight Cloud (and other cloud platforms like VMware Cloud), there are many hardware nodes that are networked in a server cluster. The benefit of cloud hosting is the redundancy and scalability with clusters of servers that can be scaled in an environment which will not affect service availability; and in the case of eNlight Cloud, the system automatically scales the resources of your VMs automatically without requiring any intervention from you.

The same is true for hardware issues that may arise on a particular node. All of the services on that node can be migrated onto another node in the cluster automatically so as to not affect service stability or uptime.

There are many reasons why cloud hosting is a flexible hosting platform. Any standard solution where business is concerned is an inadequate solution by today's standards. As a small business, I do not need to invest a lot of money on a cluster of dedicated servers when I can get similar kind of performance, scalability, redundancy and reliability in a solution that is much more affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
                Hi,

There really isn't any absolutely correct definition of cloud hosting, but the term comes from an abstractive logical diagram to illustrate the infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. In the case of eNlight Cloud (and other cloud platforms like VMware Cloud), there are many hardware nodes that are networked in a server cluster. The benefit of cloud hosting is the redundancy and scalability with clusters of servers that can be scaled in an environment which will not affect service availability; and in the case of eNlight Cloud, the system automatically scales the resources of your VMs automatically without requiring any intervention from you.

The same is true for hardware issues that may arise on a particular node. All of the services on that node can be migrated onto another node in the cluster automatically so as to not affect service stability or uptime.

There are many reasons why cloud hosting is a flexible hosting platform. Any standard solution where business is concerned is an inadequate solution by today's standards. As a small business, I do not need to invest a lot of money on a cluster of dedicated servers when I can get similar kind of performance, scalability, redundancy and reliability in a solution that is much more affordable.
                Thanks for this clarification, still need an answer about the monitoring failures though

Comment

Thanks for this clarification, still need an answer about the monitoring failures though
                  Hi,

I have just spoken to one of our senior technicians regarding this, and our records indicate your VM has been up for 27 days (and 16 days from the 26/12/2012 which concerns your recent ticket). These are records directly from your VM. There is also no known issue with the network, which my colleague had checked. Please could you respond to the ticket you had submitted regarding this issue and provide us with a traceroute and ping report so a senior technician can investigate this further?

Regards,

Ben Stones.

Comment

Thanks.
                    Hello,

Your issues are most likely related to the recent ddos attacks that were targeted at the eNlight platform. These are mentioned on euk-status.com if you would like to compare the times we announced the issues and the times of your monitoring going off.

In regards to things which could cause monitoring to fail, these are often related to more than 1 request a second coming through to the server and then CSF+LFD blocking the IP. I've seen this before with pingdom. If there is a ddos attack going on, there is a greater chance that requests will hit your server at the same time from the monitoring side and therefore trigger a block.

In regards to the the uptime guarantee, it isn't actually 100% on the eNlight platform, but yes, it would include our network as well. It wouldn't include a problem external to our network though, for example if LINX had an issue or any other ISPs.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. Here is a relevant report of failures between 24.12.12 and 30.12.12:

Monitoring Location : All
                      Test Name Type Tag Uptime(%) Avg Resp Time(ms) Failures(#)
                      115.124.103.69_http http Benchmark 97.81 261.6 7
                      115.124.103.69_ping ping Benchmark 97.58 129.5 8

Monitoring Location : EU
                      115.124.103.69_http http Benchmark 97.81 469.18 7
                      115.124.103.69_ping ping Benchmark 97.5 233.32 8

Monitoring Location : US
                      115.124.103.69_http http Benchmark 97.58 54.02 8
                      115.124.103.69_ping ping Benchmark 97.58 25.69 8

here is the email alerts I received with time stamps:

PROBLEM Alert
                      Service: PING
                      URL: 115.124.103.69
                      Name: 115.124.103.69_ping
                      Tag: Benchmark
                      Date/Time: 12-25-2012 19:39:43 (GMT + 1)
                      Additional Information: 5 packets transmitted, 5 packet loss, time average 0.000000 ms.
                      Failures From: EU, US

RECOVERY Alert
                      Service: PING
                      URL: 115.124.103.69
                      Name: 115.124.103.69_ping
                      Tag: Benchmark
                      Date/Time: 12-25-2012 23:39:42 (GMT + 1)
                      Additional Information: 5 packets transmitted, 0 packet loss, time average 190.711597 ms.
                      Downtime: 59 minute(s) 59 second(s)

Downtime was apprently 59 minutes but first problem report was 19:39:43 (GMT+1) and recovery was 23:39:42 (GMT + 1)

It was christmas day (ok, ok)

Comment

We aren't aware of any issues that day. Ask your monitor provider for their IPs so you can white list them on your server

Comment

Hi,

Perhaps, a quick view :- eUKHOST Reviews, hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X