eNlight uptime guarantee / network setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eNlight uptime guarantee / network setup

Are there any details available about the eNlight clusters' configurations? I've a chat with support about my VM on ukr4 (which has been intermittently unavailable since last night), and all I can gather is that "There was some minor network issue". Presumably it's not that minor if it's taking more than 12 hours to sort out.

The phrase "99.95% uptime guarantee"was mentioned when I signed up (which is, what, 4.5 hours/year?) , and I don't see how that can possibly work with what appears to be a large single point of failure on the network side of things. I'd be very interested to find out what the network setup is, what the problem is, and what's being done to stop it from happening again.

Re: eNlight uptime guarantee / network setup

Apparently this is sorted now, and was due to a VM on the cluster being DDOSed. It'd be interesting to find out why this took so long to identify the problem. In my previous job as a sysadmin, we'd spot a massive spike in network traffic due to a DDOS in minutes rather than hours, especially when it's something you can notice just by looking at a switch.

Comment

There appears to be continuing issues with UKR4 but as I can't get anyone on Live Chat just now, I'm unable to say exactly why.
      EJ
      sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
      (I'm not social )

Comment

Originally posted by Centrifuge View Post
        Are there any details available about the eNlight clusters' configurations? I've a chat with support about my VM on ukr4 (which has been intermittently unavailable since last night), and all I can gather is that "There was some minor network issue". Presumably it's not that minor if it's taking more than 12 hours to sort out.

The phrase "99.95% uptime guarantee"was mentioned when I signed up (which is, what, 4.5 hours/year?) , and I don't see how that can possibly work with what appears to be a large single point of failure on the network side of things. I'd be very interested to find out what the network setup is, what the problem is, and what's being done to stop it from happening again.
        Apparently this is sorted now, and was due to a VM on the cluster being DDOSed. It'd be interesting to find out why this took so long to identify the problem. In my previous job as a sysadmin, we'd spot a massive spike in network traffic due to a DDOS in minutes rather than hours, especially when it's something you can notice just by looking at a switch.
        Originally posted by ejsolutions View Post
        There appears to be continuing issues with UKR4 but as I can't get anyone on Live Chat just now, I'm unable to say exactly why.
        EJ
        Dear customers,

Let me first start by apologising for the disturbances that you experienced with our services. We faced a massive botnet (DDoS from multiple IPs) attack on our enlight cluster for multiple vms at different intervals. We have restricted traffic of all those affected VMs now at network level & this has brought down the attack to normal. We are extremely apologetic that this incident happened & would like to express the deepest regret for this. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues & we'd be glad to assist you.
        Last edited by Rock; 01-01-2013, 18:35. Reason: typo
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I appreciate the response, even though it contradicts what was posted on the status page.

Still, at least the problem is resolved, and everyone has learnt how to deal with this situation better/faster. No, wait - I've just been told by support that the reason my VM is bouncing up and down today is because exactly the same thing is happening again

Comment

I appreciate the response, even though it contradicts what was posted on the status page.

Still, at least the problem is resolved, and everyone has learnt how to deal with this situation better/faster. No, wait - I've just been told by support that the reason my VM is bouncing up and down today is because exactly the same thing is happening again
            Hi,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We had spotted a DDoS attack at 11.30 and was resolved by 12:00. A further investigation is being carried out by a senior technician as we believe there may have been a problem a few hours prior to this.

Kind regards,

Ben Stones.

Comment

Working...
            X