Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backups Cloud Hosting

Hi,

I am a newbie when it comes to Cloud Hosting. I am currently on a shared hosting package and looking at getting a Cloud Server.

I will start off by asking about the most important aspect of Hosting to me - Backups

I am trying to establish a few things before I just jump into getting Cloud Hosting:

1.I would like to know if the 20 Gig backup space you offer with a Dedi Server is also included in your Cloud Hosting Package?

2. What are the chances of an off site backup being corrupted and you are not able to restore the site?

3. I am predominantly hosting Joomla sites with Databases - these can be tricky to restore. I would like to know how long it would take per domain to restore a hacked site ?

4. Would I still need to keep a local Backup from cPanel on our machines or is the off-site backup suffice ?
    5. Would I always need to rely on tech support to restore a Backup or will I have access to restore them myself ?

Server Knowledge
    1.Coming from a shared Hosting environment - how much Server knowledge would I need to run a Shared Cloud Server?

2. Managed Servers - Can I safely assume that the Server will be configured with all the necessary software to run what I am running at the moment being : Cpanel / WHM / Joomla sites ?

I will leave it at that for now else the post gets too long winded... I will be back with more questions later

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I have answered all your questions as follows :-

1. The free backup space is offered with our dedicated servers. If you need offsite backup space for your Cloud Server, you will need to purchase that separately.

2. We have hundreds of backup servers offsite and we have never had a problem of data loss before. We use best quality server hardware from Dell for all our servers and advanced backup technologies such as Rsync and R1Soft CDP so you can be rest assured about your data on offsite backup space.

3. Time required for restoring a hacked site would depend upon the size of its database. Generally it takes about 15-20 mins to restore a database.

4. If you have your data backed up on the offsite backup space, then keeping a local back up from cPanel on your machine is not necessary.

5. You will have FTP access to the offsite backup space so you can restore data yourself if required or seek assistance from our technical team in doing so.

Server Knowledge

1. Even if you do not posses much server knowledge, that won't be a problem as our Cloud Servers are fully managed. Our technical team is available 24x7 so in case you need any assistance with the server, you can always get in touch with them.

2. The Server will indeed be configured with all the necessary software to run what you are running at the moment if you opt for cPanel/WHM control panel with the cloud server.

Please feel free to post if you have any more questions.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the comprehensive reply.

Quote :
      3. Time required for restoring a hacked site would depend upon the size of its database. Generally it takes about 15-20 mins to restore a database.

I am a bit concerned about these posts regarding Backups.

Do a search for Backups in the Forum 2 particular posts on the 1st and 2nd page
      (I am not allowed to post url's yet)

1. our-sites-have-been-down-nearly-week-how-can-we-resellers-euk-12224

2. eurofighter-restore-failed-11684

It sounds like we may need extra backups - is there anything you can recommend besides the Off Site Backups?

Comment

Hello,

Previously, we used to offer Rsync Offsite backup space which was good but in order to make sure that we offer a more comprehensive and advanced solution to our customers, we decided to offer R1Soft Offsite backup plans to our customers. R1Soft includes CDP Solution i.e. Continuous Data Protection which protects your data. Therefore, you can choose one of our R1Soft Offsite backup plans and you won't face any problems with it.

Comment

I completely understand your concern about backups. As mentioned by Catherine, we were using Rsync backup technology earlier for our offsite backups however in order to ensure complete data security and protection, we implemented R1Soft CDP backup solution which offers disk-based data protection and disaster recovery for servers.

You can read upon more about our R1Soft CDP Backup solution at eUKhost's - Off site backup hosting services only at eUKhost
          Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
          Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
          Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X