Why is the default cloud package not powerful enough to run MSSQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the default cloud package not powerful enough to run MSSQL

I have been upgrading my VPS (W-VPS-01) package to the Windows Hyper-V cloud package for the last couple of days, well rather eUKHost have.

However, the migration is failing because the cloud package can not support the OS and MSSQL with the 512mb is has available, even though this is all that I had on the VPS package.

I have been told that I need to upgrade the memory to 2gb in order to restore the contents of the migration from the VPS to the cloud.

I could just about justify the extra cost but to now have to pay an extra 120 on top for 2gb of memory, just to run what I had working on the VPS is a bit hard to swallow.

Its fair enough if the OS and the SQL Server can not run with 512mb, I know thats not the fault of eUKHost, but being sold the package on the understanding that it could is there fault.

I have been a very happy customer of eUKHost for sometime now, but I am no happy bunny at the moment.

Originally posted by wormbyte View Post
    I have been upgrading my VPS (W-VPS-01) package to the Windows Hyper-V cloud package for the last couple of days, well rather eUKHost have.

However, the migration is failing because the cloud package can not support the OS and MSSQL with the 512mb is has available, even though this is all that I had on the VPS package.

I have been told that I need to upgrade the memory to 2gb in order to restore the contents of the migration from the VPS to the cloud.

I could just about justify the extra cost but to now have to pay an extra 120 on top for 2gb of memory, just to run what I had working on the VPS is a bit hard to swallow.

Its fair enough if the OS and the SQL Server can not run with 512mb, I know thats not the fault of eUKHost, but being sold the package on the understanding that it could is there fault.

I have been a very happy customer of eUKHost for sometime now, but I am no happy bunny at the moment.
    Hi, do you have any ticket open for this? I'll have a look & then provide you with a solution..
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Rock,

The ticket is PXS-416-81791.

I believe it is currently being looked at again after I called the support line this morning.

I believe they are going to upgrade to 2gb in order to finish the migration and then scale back down. This is on the basis that the scaled down version still performs after the migration. If it does not then I will have no choice but to return to my VPS package or find another host (which I really don't want to have to do).

The problem I have is that for 6 months of the year my site is very quite but then for the other 6 months I get ever increasing traffic until it peaks and goes back quiet again.

Now the old VPS package was ok until the peak time and then I started running out of memory with the 512mb allocation.

So the idea was to move to the cloud, which initially was more expensive but it gave me the ability to scale up when needed which is really cool and flexible.

But if I have to pay an additional 120 on top of the already 120 increase for having the cloud then thats TWICE what I am paying for the VPS solution and out of my budget as well.

Comment

Hi Rock,

The ticket is PXS-416-81791.

I believe it is currently being looked at again after I called the support line this morning.

I believe they are going to upgrade to 2gb in order to finish the migration and then scale back down. This is on the basis that the scaled down version still performs after the migration. If it does not then I will have no choice but to return to my VPS package or find another host (which I really don't want to have to do).

The problem I have is that for 6 months of the year my site is very quite but then for the other 6 months I get ever increasing traffic until it peaks and goes back quiet again.

Now the old VPS package was ok until the peak time and then I started running out of memory with the 512mb allocation.

So the idea was to move to the cloud, which initially was more expensive but it gave me the ability to scale up when needed which is really cool and flexible.

But if I have to pay an additional 120 on top of the already 120 increase for having the cloud then thats TWICE what I am paying for the VPS solution and out of my budget as well.
        This is being looked into now.. will update you once I've any news..

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

Many thanks.
            You're welcome Ian, I've updated the ticket asking few details. Please let know so we can start the migration instantly

Comment

Working...
            X