VMWare Cloud vs. Hyper-V Cloud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMWare Cloud vs. Hyper-V Cloud

I was checking out the eUKhost clous servers and I saw that there were two options: VMWare Cloud and Hyper-V Cloud. The specifications are pretty similar, with the difference that the VMWare allows a choice between Windows and Linux.

I really like the fact that the uptime guarantee is 100% for both of them.

They're the same price, so which one should customers choose?

The choice of Cloud Server(VMWare/ Hyper-V) depend on the web server platform you wish to opt for.
    Yes, VMWare Cloud Servers allows choice between Linux or Windows OS. However Hyper-V cloud being a Microsoft Technology, supports only Windows and is most recommended for windows.

Comment

That's right, few people might want to opt for a Microsoft product for virtualization hence can choose HyperV packages while if you don't have such specific requirements, VMware can be something to rely on.

I would recommend you to take a look at the comparison between the two technologies : VMware versus Hyper V

Comment

Thanks for the article. Wow! You guys really do cover every question on your blog...

They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but considering the 2 TB of RAM offered by the Windows server, the Hyper-V looks more promising...

Comment

Originally posted by HostSeeker View Post
          They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but considering the 2 TB of RAM offered by the Windows server, the Hyper-V looks more promising...
          2 TB of RAM is not offered with Windows server or Hyper-V, it means that Hyper-V virtualization application can support 2 TB RAM.

Both the Virtualization applications have their own benefits and drawbacks but choosing one depends on the hosting platform you need. If you wish to choose Windows, Hyper-V is a more cost effective and better option (as you won't have to pay additional charges for Windows operating system which are to be paid on VMWare), however, if you wish to choose Linux, VMWare is the way to go

Comment

Working...
          X