X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Issues unresolved week 3!

Good day,

This is going to be a long winded one.

I have migrated all my domains to EUK Hosting via WHM and I am now trying to change the DNS with Uniforum SA in South Africa.

I have gone up and down explaining and explaining the Issue to EUK Support and it is not getting Resolved!
    As we speak I am trying to get someone to help me and the Live Support is just not responding....

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationAll operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationAll operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

Every time I send a request for the DNS to be changed I get an error :
    The nameserver list doesn't match the given one

The given nameserver list (ns1.webdothosting.com, ns2.webdothosting.com) is not consistent with the one retrieved from the zone (ns1.boxednet.com, ns2.boxednet.com).

ns1.webdothosting.com/109.203.98.48
    ns2.webdothosting.com/109.203.98.49

In other words our Local DNS Server can see the domain redten.co.za on the old Server but the new details is not picked up.

This is week 3 that I am battling to get this sorted out EUK - This type of support is not what I signed up for and frankly if this is not sorted within the next 2 days I am pulling my domains off your Server and staying with my existing host because at least their IP's resolve!

Hi,

I have forwarded this thread onto the team for them to look at. In the time being, could you provide the ticket ID if you have submitted a ticket for when a senior administrator looks at this thread. I am really sorry you are still facing this issue, I will make sure a senior administrator is referred to this thread to look into this ongoing issue for you. I have also forwarded this thread to the Managing Director to make sure your issue is resolved as soon as possible; 3 weeks ongoing is quite unacceptable for my liking.

Comment

Ticket ID #MNL-351-28032

I only submitted a Ticket today but I have the Chat Transcripts of every time I spoke to Support.

I do want to say that Reeve has been helpful - I just also find that 1st Level Support is reluctant to transfer me to 2nd Level Support and they often insist on getting the full issue explained again and again...

I dont appreciate this at all - clients get fed up with explaining and asking and begging!

Comment

Originally posted by uriel0424 View Post
        Ticket ID #MNL-351-28032

I only submitted a Ticket today but I have the Chat Transcripts of every time I spoke to Support.

I do want to say that Reeve has been helpful - I just also find that 1st Level Support is reluctant to transfer me to 2nd Level Support and they often insist on getting the full issue explained again and again...

I dont appreciate this at all - clients get fed up with explaining and asking and begging!
        Hi Terrance,

I have asked our senior Linux tech to look into this for you. They will post and update in the ticket.

Thanks,
        Ray

Comment

Hello Terence,

I have updated your support ticket : MNL-351-28032,
          Please revert into ticket if you are still facing the problem with nameservers.
          Best Regards,
          Philip S.
          Level II - System Administrator.
          http://www.eukhost.com

Comment

Unresolved DNS Issue

I have replied to the Ticket. The suggestions given was tried several times and using the default Name Servers does not work!

If they did initially I would not be here to get support.

Why is no one really looking deep into my issue and why is this not resolved ?

Comment

DNS Still not Resolving

Please go to : ZoneCheck

Under Zone type in : redten.co.za
              Under Primary : ns10633.ukvpshosting.com
              Under Secondary : ns10634.ukvpshosting.com

Tick : don't stop on fatal

Click Check Button

Results : The nameserver list doesn't match the given one

The given nameserver list (ns10633.ukvpshosting.com, ns10634.ukvpshosting.com) is not consistent with the one retrieved from the zone (ns1.boxednet.com, ns2.boxednet.com).

ns10634.ukvpshosting.com/109.203.98.49
              ns10633.ukvpshosting.com/109.203.98.48

As you can see the domain is NOT Resolving from the EUK Servers and that is the same automated method that gets used by our SA Domains to check before they will allow transfer

Comment

Originally posted by uriel0424 View Post
                I have replied to the Ticket. The suggestions given was tried several times and using the default Name Servers does not work!

If they did initially I would not be here to get support.

Why is no one really looking deep into my issue and why is this not resolved ?
                Hello,

Please accept our apologies that this has not been resolved sooner. I have forwarded your ticket details to one of our senior technicians and he is currently updating your ticket with a resolution.

Kind Regards,
                Jenna Strong.

Comment

Originally posted by EUKJenna View Post
                  Hello,

Please accept our apologies that this has not been resolved sooner. I have forwarded your ticket details to one of our senior technicians and he is currently updating your ticket with a resolution.

Kind Regards,
                  Jenna Strong.
                  Hello,

Having checked ticket MNL-351-28032 I can see that your issue has now been resolved, pending updates from your side. If you have any further problems regarding this please do not hesitate to update the forum post or send me a private message.

Once again apologies that this was not resolved sooner.

Kind Regards,
                  Jenna Strong.

Comment

Awaiting a Reply

Hi,

I have resubmitted the request for DNS change and I will only know an answer in 24 hours time. I will get back to you if there are still Issues.

Comment

I've been following your thread recently and just wanted to say that I hope your issue is now sorted .
                      David Smith
                      Managing Director
                      DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                      - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

DNS Still not Resolving

I regret to inform you that this issue is STILL not resolved.

It seems that Thomas K did something right with 1 domain redten.co.za but I can not get hold of him to do the others as a Server Wide Change.

Comment

Hi Terence.

I'm looking into this now. I will investigate the issue further and update you in the ticket MNL-351-28032.
                          Regards,
                          Kieran A.
                          Cloud Administrator

Comment

Hi Terence.

I have replied the ticket with detailed explanation. Please check it once and reply back with your confirmation.

We will apply recommended solution to get this sorted. You can also ask your doubts and queries in the same ticket. I will get back to you ASAP
                            Regards,
                            Kieran A.
                            Cloud Administrator

Comment

Ongoing Problems

AGAIN I refer to : Ticket: #MNL-351-28032

I have been assisted by 9 Different members of your Support Staff and the Issue on this Ticket is STILL NOT RESOLVED!!

Again today when our South African Registrar did a Digg to see why I am unable to change the DNS to point to EUK Servers they found errors....

Digg Results :
                              ; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> @ns1.webdothosting.com t-g-a.co.za ; (1 server found) ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer:
                              ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 37469 ;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0 ;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
                              ;t-g-a.co.za. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
                              t-g-a.co.za. 14400 IN A 109.203.98.48

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
                              t-g-a.co.za. 86400 IN NS ns2.zippyace.com.
                              t-g-a.co.za. 86400 IN NS ns1.zippyace.com.

;; Query time: 271 msec
                              ;; SERVER: 109.203.98.48#53(109.203.98.4 ;; WHEN: Mon Sep 26 15:00:05 2011 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 93
                              ------------------------------------------------

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> @ns2.webdothosting.com t-g-a.co.za ; (1 server found) ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer:
                              ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 17511 ;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0 ;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
                              ;t-g-a.co.za. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
                              t-g-a.co.za. 14400 IN A 109.203.98.48

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
                              t-g-a.co.za. 86400 IN NS ns1.zippyace.com.
                              t-g-a.co.za. 86400 IN NS ns2.zippyace.com.

Regards
                              Gabriel

From the above you can clearly see that the domains migrated to EUK Server is still not showing up...

I have 3 days left to transfer 142 domains to you and if I am not able to do this I am leaving my domains where they are and canceling my Account with you.

Why does it take my Registrar to point out that a DIGG test can be done and your 2nd Level Administrators did not bother to do this at first?

It could have been established : 22-08-2011 and not 26-09-2011 !!

As a client of EUK I feel that you as a Company is not bothered about me - it seems like the quicker you can get me outof Live Help the better.... I am not feeling Valued EUK.

Comment

Working...
                              X