Cloud HyperV VPS down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud HyperV VPS down

My server has been down for almost 1.5 hours now. Live chat operator said node was down and admin working to solve problem.

Any idea what the probem is and when it will be resolved? There's no details on yoru server status pages which is disappointing.

Have to say cloud reliability has been well below expectations to date - I moved from your conventional Hyper V hosting because I wanted greater reliability, but several big outtages over the last year...

Thanks

Hello Justin,

Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
    Our admins are working on to bring services online on one of the nodes of HyperV Cloud3. Status page has been updated as well http://euk-status.com/2012/08/10/eme...yperv-cloud-3/

regards,
    euksud
    Technical Support Department.

Comment

Any further update? Server been down 3.5 hours now!

Last live chat I had estimated it'd be live again within an hour, but that dealine passed some time ago...

The whole point of using cloud is to avoid this kind of downtime happenning, you have an increasingly unhappy customer.

Comment

Hello Justin,

Your server is online and working now. Kindly check and do get back to us if you still find any issues with it.
        Meanwhile, our admins are still working on to find the cause of this issue.

regards,
        euksud
        Technical Support Department.

Comment

Still problem I'm afraid, the website hosted on the server is still down and although I've just finally managed to access the server via RDP (it had been hanging until now) the server is running at snails pace, more or less frozen. Just trying to reboot to see if this solves problem.

Comment

Well, rebooted 10 mins ago and still can't connect via RDP, so something clearly very wrong with server still. Will try live chat now to see if they can help.

Comment

Server still down, live chat confirmed there's still a problem admins are tryingto fix. Over 5 hours of downtime now, totally unacceptable. Sure, I'll claim some credit via your SLA but doesn't come anywhere near compensating for the hassle and loss at my end of problems like this.

I gave you the benefit of doubt last time there was a major outtage and continued to use your service, but my patience is becoming really thin now...

Comment

Originally posted by camdenman View Post
                Still problem I'm afraid, the website hosted on the server is still down and although I've just finally managed to access the server via RDP (it had been hanging until now) the server is running at snails pace, more or less frozen. Just trying to reboot to see if this solves problem.
                Well, rebooted 10 mins ago and still can't connect via RDP, so something clearly very wrong with server still. Will try live chat now to see if they can help.
                Server still down, live chat confirmed there's still a problem admins are tryingto fix. Over 5 hours of downtime now, totally unacceptable. Sure, I'll claim some credit via your SLA but doesn't come anywhere near compensating for the hassle and loss at my end of problems like this.

I gave you the benefit of doubt last time there was a major outtage and continued to use your service, but my patience is becoming really thin now...
                Hi Justin,

Are you still experiencing slowness with the cloud server you've with us? Please let us know if the problems continue to exist, so we can have it migrated over to a different cluster.
                Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for frustration in previous posts, but outages like these really hurt my business. I realise you don't charge top dollar, but it's annoying not to get close to the advertised 100% cloud uptime.

Server was intermittently slow/frozen for an hour yesterday afternoon, otherwise ok. When this happenned before it was due to storage issues at your end, maybe a repeat?

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for frustration in previous posts, but outages like these really hurt my business. I realise you don't charge top dollar, but it's annoying not to get close to the advertised 100% cloud uptime.

Server was intermittently slow/frozen for an hour yesterday afternoon, otherwise ok. When this happenned before it was due to storage issues at your end, maybe a repeat?

Thank you.
                    Hi Justin,

Yes, we faced another storage related problem yesterday. We'll be migrating all the HyperV servers to a different storage shortly after the existing issues are taken care of. We'll keep all of our clients posted with the progress updates..
                    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X