Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase stress levels

Excerpt of recent Support Ticket..

[Note: escaping of quotes is automatically changed in the Ticket system, for some reason.]

Me:
    Please take a look at Munin stats in WHM. This VM is becoming a liability for me, with server Load rising frequently to silly levels, yet little traffic on it.
    Along with 2 attachments, showing warnings of Loads up to 82!!

Support:
    .. you should need to check the system configurations and settings.
    Apparently, there has no issues with your server and I've monitored it from last couple of hour and found that the server load is quite normal also there is no any service and/or server resources spike.
    Me:
    If indeed, the \"Engineer\" had looked at the Munin charts, it would be very apparent that something is seriously amiss... please make suggestions, because I am none the wiser..
    Support:
    ...found the VM is hosted on Old storage and that might be the reason you are facing lags in VM... we need to move the VM to a new storage and the complete VM migration to new storage will take 60-90 minutes and VM must be down at the time of migration.
    Please confirm us the convenient time...
    Me:
    Mornings, UK time, is likely to be the best, for doing work on it.
    Support:
    I have scheduled the storage migration of you VM at midnight night UK time.
    I'm losing the will to live.
    sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
    (I'm not social )

Re: How to increase stress levels

Just to provide some balance:

Downtime now scheduled for 5am UK time - hurrah!
    (I'm not social )

Comment

Dear EJ.

One of our eNlight engineers has replied your ticket VUT-501-51260.
      Please check it once and do get back to us if you have any query or doubt in this regards.
      Regards,
      Kieran A.
      Cloud Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran View Post
        Dear EJ.

One of our eNlight engineers has replied your ticket VUT-501-51260.
        Please check it once and do get back to us if you have any query or doubt in this regards.
        Yes, recognition of the issue and some progress on remedies has started but unsure as to what your post is about. I (like everyone?) get email notifications of ticket updates.
        Thanks for your interest, though.
        EJ
        (I'm not social )

Comment

Originally posted by ejsolutions View Post
          Yes, recognition of the issue and some progress on remedies has started but unsure as to what your post is about. I (like everyone?) get email notifications of ticket updates.
          Thanks for your interest, though.
          EJ
          Dear EJ.

You're welcome
          Rishi had asked me to update this thread as he was away for a while and
          noticed that it was not replied.
          Regards,
          Kieran A.
          Cloud Administrator

Comment

Three days on from the initial migration, that would be done "with no downtime" and problems persist. Some accounts not transferred; server settings not replicated; continually being told it's ready, when it clearly is not.

D: Hello and Welcome to Live Chat Support.
            D: How may I assist you today ?
            EJ: Hi
            EJ: Any Senior Tech available to deal with ticket XNA-586-93478 ?
            D: our senior admin are already checking the issue
            D: and they will update you on the same ticket
            EJ: At 2hour response time? [EJ - in actuality one important issue - WHM access - has continued for much more than this]
            EJ: Is the head of support around today?
            D: you will get the reply on the same ticket very soon
            D: please allow some more time
            EJ: Didn't answer my question
            [I terminated the Live chat shortly after this, as it wasn't going anywhere and "senior admin" was in a meeting.]
            With the benefit of hindsight, I could've done a complete and thorough migration in three days myself, without the benefit of a team. Then just ask for IP address reallocation. This way I would at least know what has been done and wouldn't have to check for missing tasks.
            I find it incredible that there doesn't appear to be a checklist that is followed, for each migration - some tasks wouldn't apply, depending on the clients' particular environment but surely it would mitigate some of the issues that have been observed.

EJ
            (I'm not social )

Comment

Dear EJ,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused..

Regarding the WHM issue which you were referring with one of our admins on chat has now been resolved and you've also confirmed for the same in the support ticket.

I'd request you to please continue with the support ticket for further correspondence with all of your technical issues which I've kept opened on our support ticket board so that it will be further taken care of...
              Regards,
              Victor Pankhurst,
              Support Team.

Comment

Working...
              X