502 Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 502 Errors

I have my website on a Windows Hyper V Cloud and have recently had reports of pages taking ages to load for some customers.

My web developer has done some investigating and reports that the root cause has been identified as a 502
    error. He has given me a screenshot showing how the loading of the home page timed out after 2.2 mins due to 502 error. The issue wasn’t replicated on all machines, but occurred in around 30 - 40% of page loads on the machine on which the issue was observed. Since the cause of the error at this point is almost certainly the server rather than the
    website, a final validation step was to put a copy of the website on a completely different server and access it from from the machine on which the original issue was observed to see if the 502 error was replicated. The copy of the website was accessed 50 times over the course of an hour from the machine on which the issue occurred on the live site. The result was that the 502 error did not occur once, confirming that the issue lies with the server on which the website is hosted rather than the website itself.

So there is something worng with my server setup and I have raised a ticked with EUKHost. But what should I be telling them to look for, or should it be obvious to them?

Thanks

Chris
    Chris Jones
    www.displaycentre.co.uk

Re: 502 Errors

Hi Chris,

Please accept our apologies for the problems you are facing with your Hyper-V Cloud. I am particularly concerned you are facing issues with your cloud server with an e-commerce store running on your Hyper-V cloud server - so I'll forward this to one of our senior technicians to look into for you on a priority. Can you please provide me with your ticket# so I can forward this onto one of our Windows senior administrators?

Kind regards,

Ben Stones.

Comment

Ben,

My ticket number is KPM-923-33923 but I have just received the following response: We have checked and we did not find any issue with the site "www.displaycentre.co.uk". We are able to access the site without any issue.

But Support seems to have missed the point that many times access to the website is fine and the problem is intermittent. I was expecting Support to be able to identify the most likely cause of an intermittent 502 error and check my server for such an issue.

Am I expecting too much?

Chris
      Chris Jones
      www.displaycentre.co.uk

Comment

Very poor response from Eukhost so far. How can I escalate this issue?

Chris
        Chris Jones
        www.displaycentre.co.uk

Comment

Hello Chris,

We have updated the ticket and will request you to let us know when exactly are you facing issues with 502 error.

Regards,
          euksud
          Technical Support Department.

Comment

Good evening,

In response to reports from some customers that my webpages take an age to load I employed a website analyst to identify the probblem. I have attached his report to my Support Ticket. You will see that the 502 error is only suffered by some people some of the time. It is intermittent. So please carefully consider the aspects of my webserver that could, possibly, be causing a 502 error and elimentate. Or how about moving me onto another machine?

Chris
            Chris Jones
            www.displaycentre.co.uk

Comment

I have received the following response from Tech Support:

Error logs on your server do not provide any information regarding the 502 Error on your website. After reviewing the site analysis report which you have provided, we have thought that you must order New Server [Dedicated Server] and move your current website on it. Once the DNS of the site is pointed to New server, kindly observe its performance for few days. Do let us know if you need any assistance regarding placing new dedi server order, we will be glad to assist you.

There is no indication as to how hard Tech Support has worked to try and locate the 502 error (what if other customers on the same server are sufferring and dont realise it?), no offer to move me onto a different server of the same type, just an upsell.

For the first time in the many years that I have been with Eukhost I am thinking that it would be better to move my website somewhere else.

Chris
              Chris Jones
              www.displaycentre.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cbjroms View Post
                I have received the following response from Tech Support:

Error logs on your server do not provide any information regarding the 502 Error on your website. After reviewing the site analysis report which you have provided, we have thought that you must order New Server [Dedicated Server] and move your current website on it. Once the DNS of the site is pointed to New server, kindly observe its performance for few days. Do let us know if you need any assistance regarding placing new dedi server order, we will be glad to assist you.

There is no indication as to how hard Tech Support has worked to try and locate the 502 error (what if other customers on the same server are sufferring and dont realise it?), no offer to move me onto a different server of the same type, just an upsell.

For the first time in the many years that I have been with Eukhost I am thinking that it would be better to move my website somewhere else.

Chris
                Hi Chris,

Please check KPM-923-33923 I have updated it with information for your kind perusal.

Thanks
                Ray

Comment

Working...
                X