VMware Cloud Or Dedicated Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Cloud Or Dedicated Server

Our site is wordpress, we are interested in finding about Cloud hosting. LINUX VMWARE CLOUD I presume cloudhosting can be adjusted for bandwidth usage? or Dedicated server will be the right one to consider for the online newspaper?

Re: VMware Cloud Or Dedicated Server

You are absolutely right, the resources of a cloud VM can be upgraded at any point of time and the best part is there is no limit on the resources you can upgrade. If you could let us know your hardware requirements we would be in a much better position to suggest the best possible solution.

Looking forward to your response ..

Comment

in March we were punished by google for selling links and lost a substantial amount of traffic. We then migrated cms and lost backlinks. Basically we're trying to build ourselves back up but our advertising revenue is pretty much non existent now. We are looking for 8 GB RAM, 250 GB disk and 100 GB backup. Let's say it is financial and like the idea of Cloud. I am not sure of performance though is the cloud server good?

Comment

Hello Luca,

Cloud hosting services help lay your fears to rest, the resources are scalable; this solution is capable to handle large traffic spikes. You may configure your own cloud VM using the below link -
        https://www.eukhost.com/cloud-hosting/

If not a cloud a standalone dedicated server with RAID is worth looking at, below are our dedicated server offerings.

https://www.eukhost.com/dedicated-servers/

You may consider eUK E3-1230 v3 (SATA) with cpanel/WHM control panel, this machine comes with RAID 1 by default and 8 GB RAM. Remote R1 soft back up can be configured as per your requirements.

Feel free to ask if you need any further info ..

Comment

I see, cloud offers more scalability.

Comment

Absolutely, cloud platform does offer high scalability; it sounds to me as though you are ready to make a buy.
            Lets get your order into our system.
            If you need assistance with the ordering process fell free to initiate a live chat from our website or call us on our toll free (UK number)

Comment

Cloud hosting environment is highly considered when there's a frequent need of adding more resources like CPU, RAM or simply the storage space at any point of time as needed. Cloud ensure maximum scalability and reliability cause they are based on server cluster technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Luca View Post
                I see, cloud offers more scalability.
                Hello Luca,

I would like to add up some more information here by describing the key features that might make you consider cloud hosting:

First of all I'd say, Cloud hosting is more flexible as and when your business and website expands or there are picks in the usage a user can simply get the resources like CPU, RAM, Disk Space, etc, increased / decreased anytime as per the requirement. With cloud hosting you can avoid high investments, you can use the resources efficiently and pay only for what you use.

Cloud Hosting has redundancy of the stored data and of the services. The data is stored on more than 1 hard disc and all the tasks are processed on more than 1 machine. If in case there is a failure of 1 of the discs, the data will be still available on other discs and the processes doesn't stop. Dedicated resources – RAM and CPU resources are only for your needs and not shared with other customers. Customer is free to modify the server software and configurations.

You can simply initiate the Live Chat from our website as and whenever instant help required.

Best Regards,
                Rossie

Comment

What works best? The answer to this question really comes down to the actual requirements. If you are seeking for the availability of number of resources at cheaper rates, then I would say dedicated server is the best bet for you it has a great value.

But in case you really want to use Cloud environment for your business, then remember, with cloud you will pay extra for scalability, flexibility and redundancy, however, the extra cost for these things is worth, not to mention you can very quickly expand hundreds of GB of RAM and many of TB of storage, etc… on-demand

Comment

Originally posted by florencetaylor
                    Cloud platform offers more scalability than dedicated server. Cloud hosting gives you the more reliability cause they are based on server cluster technique.
                    Btw, dedicated servers can also be setup in a cluster environment…. That maybe a load balancing or mirroring. You can certainly scale such type of cluster horizontally….

Comment

ban-img
                    Working...
                    X