No announcement yet.

Hardware Requirement for a Dedicated Server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Requirement for a Dedicated Server

Hello ppl, I am here to get a little help. Basically, I don't belong to eUKhost hosting services. I am not a professional nor I have a good knowledge about web hosting. Its been an year I am using a shared web hosting service to host my website with a web host in australia.

The only thing for which I came here is to know exactly, what is running behind the shared hosting I am using. Also, I would appreciate if someone could list the requirements required to build a dedicated web server (hardware, software, connection, etc...).

As you have mentioned that you are using a shared hosting package, your account must have been created on a server who's resources are shared with other users also. In a shared server, multiple accounts are created on a single server to reduce the cost of hosting packages for small websites. If you are planning to upgrade to a Dedicated server, you should opt for a server with at least 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHz or higher CPU speed, Dual Core Processor or better which will be fine for your website to start with. Being a Dedicated server, it should have atleast 100 Mbps port connected to your server which should be dedicated to your server only. With this configuration, you will get much better performance compared to shared hosting as all the resources of the server will be dedicated to your websites on the server only. The Dedicated servers we provide are fully managed and monitored by us round the clock. Please check the Dedicated server packages >> Dedicated Servers

@Alex, Thanks a lot for explaining the requirements. Is it possible to host a dedicated server at home ?

Indeed, it is very much possible to host a dedicated hosting server at home. However, you will need to take care of specific things such as 24/7 high speed internet connection, air conditioning to keep the room cool, setting up the server, server maintenance, etc... Usually, people don't have much time to invest in maintaining all these things and to get rid of it, most of the people opt web hosting services.