Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

    A long time ago when I was on your VPS, I had some extra functionality in phpMyAdmin, I wondered how I could go about accessing this on the dedicated server.
    I can log in fine, into https://5.77.47.66:8443/domains/data...dmin/index.php
    I can view the tables, but I used to be able to get access to stats, memory usage, where it seems to only be showing the database. I believe this feature is called Monitor Server Stats.

    Maybe its just a case of user permissions.

    Many Thanks
    Dan.

  • #2
    Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

    Hi Dan,

    Yes. I can see the Status Tab is missing from phpMyAdmin on your server. Let me check the config settings and get back to you soon.
    Regards,
    Kieran A.
    Cloud Administrator
    Skype :: Kieran.Alen | eUKhost

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

      Originally posted by TransAmDan View Post
      A long time ago when I was on your VPS, I had some extra functionality in phpMyAdmin, I wondered how I could go about accessing this on the dedicated server.
      I can log in fine, into https://5.77.47.66:8443/domains/data...dmin/index.php
      I can view the tables, but I used to be able to get access to stats, memory usage, where it seems to only be showing the database. I believe this feature is called Monitor Server Stats.

      Maybe its just a case of user permissions.

      Many Thanks
      Dan.
      Dear Dan,

      I believe Parallels has removed the functionality (if it was available earlier) of seeing the server's 'Status' at the user level. But if you login to the control panel as 'admin' & navigate to Server Management >> Tools & Settings >> Applications & Databases >> Database Servers >> Click on the WebAdmin button on far right (as shown in the image below), there you'd be able to login to the PHPMyAdmin with administrator privileges & see the 'Status' button to check server statistics..





      Also, if you are logged in as user, you might want to try accessing the status page here (I'm not sure whether it'd work as expected, but worth giving a try).
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

        Thanks Rock, your answer is spot on. I can now see the 'Status' tab. I couldn't see a way of going in at a higher level. I was going in as viewing the DB but couldn't go up a level from there.

        All good now. I can see the 'stats' and advisor. So I can see if any table cache may need tweaking.

        I do see %wa around 2.1 which I know isn't a lot, but it is mainly the MySQL causing that. I know it needs to write to disk at some point, been monitoring disk IO and some are read accesses.

        Thanks. I have the tools to do what I want to achieve now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

          Originally posted by Rock View Post
          Dear Dan,

          I believe Parallels has removed the functionality (if it was available earlier) of seeing the server's 'Status' at the user level. But if you login to the control panel as 'admin' & navigate to Server Management >> Tools & Settings >> Applications & Databases >> Database Servers >> Click on the WebAdmin button on far right (as shown in the image below), there you'd be able to login to the PHPMyAdmin with administrator privileges & see the 'Status' button to check server statistics..
          That's what I thought Rock as I and Neo [ The Coder Man !]couldn't locate option to enable it in the config file either.
          Not sure if it used to be there in older Plesk versions, but I read that starting from PHPmyadmin 4.X that "Monitor" option has been available. The PHPmyadmin from cPanel still provides access to all other options, so I doubt if its privileges thing concerning in Plesk.
          Regards,
          Kieran A.
          Cloud Administrator
          Skype :: Kieran.Alen | eUKhost

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

            Originally posted by TransAmDan View Post
            Thanks Rock, your answer is spot on. I can now see the 'Status' tab. I couldn't see a way of going in at a higher level. I was going in as viewing the DB but couldn't go up a level from there.

            All good now. I can see the 'stats' and advisor. So I can see if any table cache may need tweaking.

            I do see %wa around 2.1 which I know isn't a lot, but it is mainly the MySQL causing that. I know it needs to write to disk at some point, been monitoring disk IO and some are read accesses.

            Thanks. I have the tools to do what I want to achieve now.
            You are most welcome Dan
            Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

            Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

              Originally posted by Kieran View Post
              That's what I thought Rock as I and Neo [ The Coder Man !]couldn't locate option to enable it in the config file either.
              Not sure if it used to be there in older Plesk versions, but I read that starting from PHPmyadmin 4.X that "Monitor" option has been available. The PHPmyadmin from cPanel still provides access to all other options, so I doubt if its privileges thing concerning in Plesk.
              It took me a while to figure that out!
              Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

              Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

                I may be recalling incorrect, but when I was on the VPS (about 9 months ago) I could get to the top level of the databases by going in though domains, and clicking the database. Then once in, I could navigate up a level in the hierarchy to get the Status Tab. So I was probably going in though the wrong method back in the VPS days. As doing in via that way now, I cant go up the hierarchy tree. It look like going in though the Tools & Settings / Databases is a more logical approach, and it certainly works.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

                  Originally posted by TransAmDan View Post
                  As doing in via that way now, I cant go up the hierarchy tree.
                  They might have noticed this as a potential bug, which lead to privilege escalation or access to other databases, hence turned it off.. Did you get a chance to check the 2nd link I provided? That's what I noticed from the domain/user level..
                  Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

                  Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

                    Originally posted by Rock View Post
                    Did you get a chance to check the 2nd link I provided? That's what I noticed from the domain/user level..
                    If I try the link Status Page
                    It wont let me in that way even if I have logged in and retry the link
                    Welcome to phpMyAdmin

                    You probably did not create a configuration file. You might want to use the setup script to create one.

                    Error
                    MySQL said: Documentation

                    Cannot connect: invalid settings.
                    Retry to connect
                    The other method though Plesk is fine for me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Tweaking phpMyAdmin database setting

                      Originally posted by TransAmDan View Post
                      The other method though Plesk is fine for me.
                      I'm glad that it's all working fine for you now!
                      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

                      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X