Your backup is is really unreliable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your backup is is really unreliable.

I had many problems with your R1Soft backups, are three years that use your services and I opened hundreds of tickets for your backup does not work.

a month ago I had a problem with R1Soft, you've solved after a week, I hope this time you work out a little earlier.

Now View ticket: DNM-610-63030

I always have problems with your backup, if you were a serious company should give the money back or an SLA for backup.

Have not you realize that your backup never works? I pay a service that does not work, this happens for months now, this situation is really shameful ..

Incidentally today you have made a backup then failed, but has overloaded the whole day my server cpu 10/12, maybe you do not realize that this server is used for shared.

Re: Your backup is is really unreliable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	r1soft.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	160029

See image. Your backup never works, but the money you take them.

Comment

Hello,

Your backup issue is being looked into now. I will get back to you soon once the further investigation is done.
      Regards,
      Kieran A.
      Cloud Administrator

Comment

This is the answer of your support:

I have checked the cause of the policy failure and found that if it failed due to backup space limit. The exact reason is:

Your recovery point on the disk are consuming the 240.9 GB out of 300 GB space allocated and next backup is not able to fit in the 300 GB backup space. So please merge the old recovery points to free some space on the server or consider upgrading your backup plan so you can accommodate more recovery points.

--------------------------------------

I think everyone should know that your support is highly unqualified.

Merge not working

Every time a week passes to solve a problem, it's a real crap. The money you take them though.

Comment

Hello.

The issue is just escalated to me and I'm still going through the backup config and logs of the recent polices failure. I will get back to you soon.
          Regards,
          Kieran A.
          Cloud Administrator

Comment

Hello.

I have just replied the ticket DNM-610-63030. Please check it once and reply back if you still have any other concern regarding the same.
            Regards,
            Kieran A.
            Cloud Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by label View Post
              I had many problems with your R1Soft backups, are three years that use your services and I opened hundreds of tickets for your backup does not work.

a month ago I had a problem with R1Soft, you've solved after a week, I hope this time you work out a little earlier.

Now View ticket: DNM-610-63030

I always have problems with your backup, if you were a serious company should give the money back or an SLA for backup.

Have not you realize that your backup never works? I pay a service that does not work, this happens for months now, this situation is really shameful ..

Incidentally today you have made a backup then failed, but has overloaded the whole day my server cpu 10/12, maybe you do not realize that this server is used for shared.

See image. Your backup never works, but the money you take them.
              This is the answer of your support:

I have checked the cause of the policy failure and found that if it failed due to backup space limit. The exact reason is:

Your recovery point on the disk are consuming the 240.9 GB out of 300 GB space allocated and next backup is not able to fit in the 300 GB backup space. So please merge the old recovery points to free some space on the server or consider upgrading your backup plan so you can accommodate more recovery points.

--------------------------------------

I think everyone should know that your support is highly unqualified.

Merge not working

Every time a week passes to solve a problem, it's a real crap. The money you take them though.
              Dear Label,

According to our R1Soft Remote Backups packages, you've purchased 300 GB plan. The backup size of your server's data after compression is ~260GB. So, there will always be only 40GB free space for the backups, be it incremental backup or merging of retention points to take place successfully. For R1Soft to work seamlessly, your server should've ample of free disk space too. R1Soft agent mounts the backup files on a temporary partition & then copies the data on the fly over to it. I'm not going to go technically deeper into this, but as of now, I see 2 options for executing the server backup policies successfully:
              1. You should upgrade the backup plan to a minimum of 600GB. This will fix the ongoing issues.
              2. You should respond to DNM-610-63030, mentioning the exact files to backup or exclude from the policy, such that the back stays below 300GB at all times. This won't require any plan upgrade or costs involved into it.

Let us know how you'd like us to proceed further.
              Last edited by Rock; 06-12-2014, 08:06. Reason: client information removed
              Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

The backup again did not work yesterday, you can control? is stopped at 1 December.

Rock Sorry, but what you're writing about has nothing to do, is not a problem of disk space, I set a restore point and currently R1Soft is occupying space to 257GB.

If I come to write on your forum is because I am exasperated, every morning I have to check if the backup on my 4 servers that I worked with you at night. Then, before the problem is solved a week goes by, every time, if you want to write to you all tickets that have opened for your backup does not work.

I wrote ticket ratings, ticket sales, ticket billing, your account manager is a fairy does not exist, no one cares nothing and I still get angry because every morning I have to check if my backup work, if this is normal for you, then I have to change providers, there are other solutions.

Comment

Add that you wrote:

1. You Should upgrade the backup plan to a minimum of 600GB. This will fix the ongoing issues

But you know what are you writing ??? but you think that I'm an idiot ???

Should I upgrade to 600GB R1Soft ???

Comment

I sincerely do not understand, the disk space used on the server is of 270GB, 257GB compressed with R1Soft backup is, now I have a backup available in 300GB and one restore point, how is it that not enough space?

However it does not matter, you can also close all ticket, I bought backup by another provider, with you I had too many problems.

Comment

The backup again did not work yesterday, you can control? is stopped at 1 December.

Rock Sorry, but what you're writing about has nothing to do, is not a problem of disk space, I set a restore point and currently R1Soft is occupying space to 257GB.

If I come to write on your forum is because I am exasperated, every morning I have to check if the backup on my 4 servers that I worked with you at night. Then, before the problem is solved a week goes by, every time, if you want to write to you all tickets that have opened for your backup does not work.

I wrote ticket ratings, ticket sales, ticket billing, your account manager is a fairy does not exist, no one cares nothing and I still get angry because every morning I have to check if my backup work, if this is normal for you, then I have to change providers, there are other solutions.
                      Add that you wrote:

1. You Should upgrade the backup plan to a minimum of 600GB. This will fix the ongoing issues

But you know what are you writing ??? but you think that I'm an idiot ???

Should I upgrade to 600GB R1Soft ???
                      Dear Label,

I found that the backup was stuck on the server and it didn't completed properly on 1st Dec and its process was still active on the server. I have now terminated that old process so it won't create any problem for running new backup. This was again related to the same issue as updated by our techs regarding the backup account space , to confirm this following are the logs from Backup server in details :

2014-12-01 00:46:25,214 WARN - TASK(EUK-37538-L B-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX): Volume 'EUK-37538-L B-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' using 298.1 GB and soft quota is 298.0 GB
                      2014-12-01 00:49:36,000 ERROR - TASK(EUK-37538-L B-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX): Replication would exceed hard quota of 300.0 GB on volume 'EUK-37538-L B-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'
                      2014-12-01 00:49:36,079 ERROR - TASK(EUK-37538-L B-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX): Terminating replication due to disk hard quota limit
                      2014-12-01 00:49:40,722 INFO - TASK(EUK-37538-L B-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX): Backup Manager synchronization completed
                      2014-12-01 00:49:41,082 INFO - TASK(EUK-37538-L B-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX: Task Finished

What I have done now is , I have changed the quota limit and increased to 500 GB so to make sure at least one instance of the backup gets successfully completed.
                      We will keep this disk status for a period of 7 days and ensure the disk usage on backups servers settles down to a certain limit. We will then update you as how much exact space you will be needing more for backup to run successfully.

I will keep this ticket open so that someone from our end will monitor the policy when it runs as per schedule for tonight at 11:00 and post an update accordingly.
                      Last edited by Rock; 06-12-2014, 08:06. Reason: client information removed

Comment

I sincerely do not understand, the disk space used on the server is of 270GB, 257GB compressed with R1Soft backup is, now I have a backup available in 300GB and one restore point, how is it that not enough space?

However it does not matter, you can also close all ticket, I bought backup by another provider, with you I had too many problems.
                        Do you want us to cancel the existing backup task that is running & the additional free 200GB of backup space assigned temporarily to your account?

Comment

No thanks, i resolved this problem.

Comment

No thanks, i resolved this problem.
                            Glad to know that!

Comment

Working...
                            X