• Show
Clear All

• Rsync
    replied
    Re: View ticket : KHJ-565-59487

Hello,

Originally posted by label View Post
    Now after three days you wrote me:

Caching on the raid controller is not active on this server appears with as 109.75.163.196. We have to try to activate this on RAID controller. Remaining all other settings are same. To enable caching we have to reboot the server. Please take backup of data at your end and update us a when we can reboot it.
    Cache was already enabled on the server, but in order to make further changes the server needed a reboot. Due to which our admin had requested you confirm for the same.

You can use the following command to confirm it from your end.
    [email protected] [~]# /usr/local/sbin/megacli -LDInfo -Lall -aALL

Adapter 0 -- Virtual Drive Information:
    Virtual Drive: 0 (Target Id: 0)
    Name :
    RAID Level : Primary-5, Secondary-0, RAID Level Qualifier-3
    Size : 836.625 GB
    Sector Size : 512
    Parity Size : 278.875 GB
    State : Optimal
    Strip Size : 64 KB
    Number Of Drives : 4
    Span Depth : 1
    Default Cache Policy: WriteBack, ReadAheadNone, Cached, No Write Cache if Bad BBU
    Current Cache Policy: WriteThrough, ReadAheadNone, Cached, No Write Cache if Bad BBU
    Default Access Policy: Read/Write
    Current Access Policy: Read/Write
    Disk Cache Policy : Enabled
    Encryption Type : None
    Is VD Cached: No

Exit Code: 0x00

then nothing and nothing is done, you have rebooted the server 5 times, now you write in your ticket you have to spend more money? because it can enable the cache on RAID5, which server you sold it to me?
    Our admins did provide you with the reason for the server reboot. Also our Sr.admins did check with the Dell Engineers and they suggested us to upgrade the Dell PERC 6/i Adapter Firmware which could help to improve the RAID controller performance. So there would be some downtime to upgrade Dell PERC 6/i Adapter Firmware.

For more details I would request you to kindly refer to your support Ticket.

Leave a comment:

• label
    replied

Now after three days you wrote me:

Caching on the raid controller is not active on this server appears with as 109.75.163.196. We have to try to activate this on RAID controller. Remaining all other settings are same. To enable caching we have to reboot the server. Please take backup of data at your end and update us a when we can reboot it.

then nothing and nothing is done, you have rebooted the server 5 times, now you write in your ticket you have to spend more money? because it can enable the cache on RAID5, which server you sold it to me?

I believe that you have to learn not to take the piss your customers

Leave a comment:

• Rsync
    replied

Hello,

I have examined your ticket - KHJ-565-59487. The setting, which you have asked, was not a setting, which is executed immediately through the server, the issue is related to the Hardware RAID setting due to which it was escalated to the Data Center engineer, they are also evaluating the settings because as per their last update they do not make any major changes in the RAID configuration while setting up the server. We are still checking with the DC admins and we will keep you updated.

We appreciate your kind understanding and patience.

Leave a comment:

• label
    replied

In the first ticket responded Scott U, then replied Peter Murphy, then responded Sheridan, then with other, chatting I spoke with Laurence, then Sheridan, then with Brad, you just have to activate the cache raid on the server, because tease your customers , because I have to wait three days for this?

Leave a comment:

• label
    started a topic View ticket : KHJ-565-59487

View ticket : KHJ-565-59487

View ticket : KHJ-565-59487

Dear gentlemen of EUKHost are three days that I'm waiting for a senior admin to enable caching, every time I have to wait a week to solve a problem, the server was restarted 2 times yesterday and three times today, the cache is still disabled .

Senior admin have disappeared and you continue to take the piss your customers.

Shame on you, your service is really bad and I'm an idiot because I keep buying servers from you, pay them twice as many other providers because I think I have a good service, but it's a service that sucks.

Now also ignored this message, instead of improving your service, is getting worse and worse.
Working...
X