Common sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common sense

I wanted to note this since its something many people tend to overlook. They assume the internet is a safe place without predators, they assume that anything they download is good. What happened to using caution? I wonder how many security issues world wide are only due to an end user that is not using common sense, how many could be removed from the equation to find the "real issues" rather than end user faults?
    I took a long vacation but I'm back!

Originally posted by cranzi View Post
    I wanted to note this since its something many people tend to overlook. They assume the internet is a safe place without predators, they assume that anything they download is good. What happened to using caution? I wonder how many security issues world wide are only due to an end user that is not using common sense, how many could be removed from the equation to find the "real issues" rather than end user faults?
    Hi cranzi,

Yes, many of the incidents that take place , is due to users carelessness or due to users unawareness.
    Educating oneself and adopting a little security and alertness while using internet , would reduce the count of disasters by a large amount, and would make Internet more Safer place
    Chris White
    (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

You're absolutely right cranzi, most people I know don't take too much stock is security. I think the main reason is that you can't SEE a virus.

Comment

RE

But with such vast source of information some some unwanted material will also be there so we just have to maintain our security to protect our system from such malicious and unwanted things.

Comment

In the following sheets, the author hath studiously avoided every thing which is personal among ourselves. Compliments as well as censure to individuals make no part thereof. The wise and the worthy need not the triumph of a pamphlet; and those whose sentiments are injudicious or unfriendly, will cease of themselves, unless too much pains is bestowed upon their conversion.

Comment

Working...
          X