Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know if my computer has a keylogger on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know if my computer has a keylogger on it?

My uncle fixed my laptop about a week ago. For some reason he made his own account, password protected, and made it computer administrator, and it says that there is a program running.
    Could there be a keylogger on it?
    Yea, it is pretty stupid that he did this, ON MY LAPTOP

Originally posted by shania View Post
    My uncle fixed my laptop about a week ago. For some reason he made his own account, password protected, and made it computer administrator, and it says that there is a program running.
    Could there be a keylogger on it?
    Yea, it is pretty stupid that he did this, ON MY LAPTOP
    Scan the machine using an anti-rootkit & an anti-virus scanner, it'll do the needful
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

How do I know if my computer has a keylogger on it?

Don't know the exact solution but we can check the number of running processes.

If keylogger is running you will see the process related to the keylogger and kill that process. But I think it is difficult to find out the exact keylogger process.

:smile:

Comment

Tools such as AVG Free, Spybot - Search and Destroy and Adaware are good at removing a range of nasties from your computer! And best of all they're all free .
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
        - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Re: How do I know if my computer has a keylogger on it?

You can also try some hot key combination that are used by this kind of software/keyloggers.
          Examples: Ctrl + Alt + X or Ctrl + Alt + Wondows Key + X
          LG P690(Sold) => Galaxy S3(Sold) = > Google Nexus 4 = > LG G2 [Sprint Unlocked]

Comment

Re: How do I know if my computer has a keylogger on it?

Hi Shania,

You can try this Anti-Keylogger Tester (AKLT) .AKLT should not be able to log any of your keystrokes while your keylogger protection is active. (Please refer this for more information:Anti-Keylogger Tester (AKLT) Trusted Freeware download and reviews - SnapFiles.com)

Best Regards,
            Shane P.

Comment

Working...
            X