WordPress is now deploying HTTPS for its hosted websites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WordPress is now deploying HTTPS for its hosted websites

Now WordPress user's headache have reduced to some extent as WordPress has now deployed HTTPS for its hosted websites. This enhanced feature of WordPress will be transparent and users will not have to do anything for better security. Every blog and website will be embraced with security and modern encryption. This move of WordPress will leave no entry point for unencrypted traffic.

Re: WordPress is now deploying HTTPS for its hosted websites

Millions of websites can now be safe from interception and spying. Modern encryption to every WP blog and website means performance and security. That's great news for WP users.

Comment

Re: WordPress is now deploying HTTPS for its hosted websites

Yeah, that's a great news. On the other hand, there is a hot debate going over whether encryption is good or bad? Some view it is important but from nation's security point of view, some say encryption is not good installed even at the basic levels of the device. In the coming years, encryption will take all the limelight.

Comment

Actually encryption is incredibly important for websites. HTTPS or websites with an SSL certificate are making the online world a lot safer. I would never buy something from a website that didn't have an SSL certificate, and even if I have a website that doesn't sell anything, I want to know that those who are visiting my site, the information on my site, and my domain are all safe from hackers trying to intercept information and gain control of websites to use them for illegitimate purposes. The fact that WordPress is addressing this is great, but website owners still need to keep on top of this. Security is never one of those things that you can just set and forget, just like you update your antivirus software, you should check your site regularly to make sure everything is properly configured and that there are no security gaps. Outdated security is pretty much the same as no security.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazedn'Confused View Post
          Actually encryption is incredibly important for websites. HTTPS or websites with an SSL certificate are making the online world a lot safer. I would never buy something from a website that didn't have an SSL certificate, and even if I have a website that doesn't sell anything, I want to know that those who are visiting my site, the information on my site, and my domain are all safe from hackers trying to intercept information and gain control of websites to use them for illegitimate purposes. The fact that WordPress is addressing this is great, but website owners still need to keep on top of this. Security is never one of those things that you can just set and forget, just like you update your antivirus software, you should check your site regularly to make sure everything is properly configured and that there are no security gaps. Outdated security is pretty much the same as no security.
          I completely agree with you. It is very important to give security the top most priority. Technology is disruptive and attackers will completely leverage the power of this disruptive technology to cause harm. There is no full proof security solution however, it is important to take necessary steps and deploy solutions which can protect the organisation and data to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Priya Dialani View Post

I completely agree with you. It is very important to give security the top most priority. Technology is disruptive and attackers will completely leverage the power of this disruptive technology to cause harm. There is no full proof security solution however, it is important to take necessary steps and deploy solutions which can protect the organisation and data to the fullest.

Exactly, and most of the necessary precautions are quite easy. Whether it's securing your site through SSL, taking the necessary precautions against XSS, or implementing internal network protection methods, it's usually something as simple as activating or deactivating something, or thinking a little bit more about setup. I know too many people who don't regularly update their firewall or stay on top of security updates, but it's quick and so important. So back to the original discussion, those saying HTTPS is a hype are really just leaving themselves open and vulnerable for no good reason, especially when it's such an easy and effective fix.

Comment

ban-img
            Working...
            X