Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jovelynn
    replied
    Using this website. (blacklistedip.com/avoid_blacklist.php). So read it carefully.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Firejack View Post
    Using phpBB at the moment

Is there no way to block IPs that are either spoofed (think thats the right term?) or not owned by anyone? That would clear up most, if not all, my spam I'm sure.

Thanks for the responses.
    You should find some hacks / plugins from their forums. PHPBB forum has a special section for hacks / plugins which will help you to download some useful spam protection plugins.

There is no such IP based spam protection for forums, so you need to either consider vBulletin or find some plugins for your phpbb forum. It won't take much time to migrate from phpbb to vbulletin as you get migration plugin called impex with vbulletin which helps you to migrate from phpbb to vbulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Firejack
    replied
    Using phpBB at the moment

Is there no way to block IPs that are either spoofed (think thats the right term?) or not owned by anyone? That would clear up most, if not all, my spam I'm sure.

Thanks for the responses.

Leave a comment:

• texterted
    replied
    Aye agreed, the Q&A human verification works really well on vBulletin forums, if the op uses that of course?

Leave a comment:

• Site
    replied
    Make sure your scripts are always up to date.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    IP based blacklisting won't help much. Spammers keep on rotating IPs and they use US or UK based servers as well.

You should try to install additional plugins for your forum and wiki to make things difficult for the spammers. We have installed some highly effective plugins. Cyb - Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count - vBulletin.org Forum s highly effective for vBulletin forums. Recently added Q&A human verification plugin is another better solution for Forums and wiki's.

Please let me know which forum software you are using and I will provide you with link for some effective plugins.

Leave a comment:

• Firejack
    started a topic IP Blacklist

IP Blacklist

Hello all
    I'm after a bit of advice.

Over the last year or so I've had this trickle of spam messages appear on my site in the forums and wiki mostly. I use popular packages for both with all the updates. At the moment I'm managing to clear up the mess left behind myself but I fear one day I'm going to face an overnight torrent that I can't stop.

Mostly they are advertising illegal pharmaceutical companies or sites selling World of Warcraft gold. I've noticed 90%+ trace to China and are of an ALLOCATED UNSPECIFIED status on various whois engines I use to find where the spam is coming from.

What I'm after is some way to block the IP's of the computers being used to send this spam. Either by using some sort of regularly updated Blacklist of known spam IP's or a method of denying requests to my website from ALLOCATED UNSPECIFIED IP's.

Anyone able to help? Thanks
Working...
X