Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up RRAS and Basic Firewall on Windows VPS

Hi All,

I want to set up my VPS so that I can use a VPN connection to access RDP/File shares etc.
    One major problem with this is that you have to disable windows firewall in order to use Routing and Remote Access.

I have successfully managed to set up VPN access via RRAS and given the server an internal network in the 10.0.0.x range. I can access this quite happily from my local computer and communicate over this range. However when I try and enable the RRAS inbuilt firewall, I can no longer create a VPN connection. I have selected both VPN services (PPTP and L2TP) as well as RDP in the firewall settings before turning it on. Whilst RDP works fine, I get the feeling that this is only because there's an existing connection established.

Does anyone have experience of a similar setup or a link to a guide for configuring the RRAS Basic Firewall correctly on Windows VPS?

TIA

Andy

I have a very little knowledge about RRAS firewall as it has never worked the way I want but there are others who know it better and may help you with it. However IPsec can be an option for you..
    Martin
    Chief R & D Officer.

- -

Comment

Working...
    X