WHOIS Details.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHOIS Details.

Is there anyway to hide your WHOIS detials, so that when someone does a lookup on your domain, your address etc isn't given away.

Thanks in advance.

Most registrations through euk will show euk as the registrant anyway.
    Out of interest, what are you wanting to hide?

Comment

nothing to hide, just prefer not to show them.

Comment

can anyonle help?

Comment

not sure its that easy to do mate...
          this is the kind of thing you would have to ask EUKHOST directly about i think.
          www.faceh.com

Comment

not sure if its possible once regged, but if i remember rightly, do you not get asked when reg`ing the domain name if you want your details viewable?

cant remember now :S
            www.consoleworkshop.co.uk

Comment

Details have to be available I think. They include contact details in case of abuse.

Comment

ahh right, but i`m sure you can hide them from joe public, and have them go through the hosting company to contact, as a sort of buffer if you know what i mean, .

not totally sure though.
                www.consoleworkshop.co.uk

Comment

technically you should be able to change it. I mean, if your residence changes, that would make the details invalid - so if you contact eukhost about it and ask them to store your details instead, and have their details in the WHOIS, im sure (if its possible) they will do it for you.
                  www.faceh.com

Comment

I don't think it is possible myself, as tomythius said, it needs to be shown incase of abuse, so the person can report the abuse to the hosting company.

Comment

That is possible with our service but that costs £9 extra per year. This special service to protect whois information is called privacy protect.

Regards,
                      Mark.
                      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did a "Whois" on my domain name and it showed as registered to eUKHost. I didn't pay an extra free to purchase protection when I registered. So I just presumed that you was registering all domains taken though you to eUKHost rather than the individual person.
                        File Sharing News

Comment

i have the same thing - mine is also registered to eukhost.
                          this is why i was wondering what the case would be if i tried to sell my domain to somebody... since according to WHOIS the domain is property of eukhost... i wonder if they could 'take over the domain' as their own property if they wished to...
                          www.faceh.com

Comment

Thats why it's always better to buy your domain yourself from a place like GoDaddy or NameCheap. So you have the control of the DNS Servers.

So if you move servers you can take it with you, rather than having to repy on another person to release it (which most servers don't like to do if it's registered to them).
                            File Sharing News

Comment

ban-img
                            Working...
                            X