X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nameserver changes at 123reg

Hi

Have joined in the last few days.

Is there anyone who registers their domain with 123reg and who has experience of changing their nameserver dns setting with them, then could you please help?

They allow customers to make these changes themselves, but I am not knowledgeable/confident enough to do these, without some guidance.

Some of the settings that require changes on the 'update' page seem relatively straightforward, but I am unsure about other settings and where to put them

I have put a link to the page at 123reg, where settings need to be changed:
    www. 123-reg.co.uk/support/trouble.pl?id=48&switch=DNS/NameServer%20Management

The following are the changes that are required to be updated

A, CNAME and TXT records
    =========================
    Name Type Content
    -------------------------
    @ A 87.117.234.120
    mail A 87.117.234.120
    www A 87.117.234.120
    ftp A 87.117.234.120

MX records

Name Priority
    25megroup.org 0

I looked for a tutorial, but the one not working is for 123reg - typical!

Any advice would be great

Thanks
    Simon

Originally posted by troonguy View Post
    Hi

Have joined in the last few days.

Is there anyone who registers their domain with 123reg and who has experience of changing their nameserver dns setting with them, then could you please help?

They allow customers to make these changes themselves, but I am not knowledgeable/confident enough to do these, without some guidance.

Some of the settings that require changes on the 'update' page seem relatively straightforward, but I am unsure about other settings and where to put them

I have put a link to the page at 123reg, where settings need to be changed:
    www. 123-reg.co.uk/support/trouble.pl?id=48&switch=DNS/NameServer%20Management

The following are the changes that are required to be updated

A, CNAME and TXT records
    =========================
    Name Type Content
    -------------------------
    @ A 87.117.234.120
    mail A 87.117.234.120
    www A 87.117.234.120
    ftp A 87.117.234.120

MX records

Name Priority
    25megroup.org 0

I looked for a tutorial, but the one not working is for 123reg - typical!

Any advice would be great

Thanks
    Simon
    You only need to change your Nameserver setting.

In your control Panel on 123-reg, scroll down until you see Manage Domains.
    In the drop down list(if you have more than one domain) choose the domain you wish to modify.

You will then come to a list. click on Change Nameservers.
    Enter the two name server address in the two boxes provided.

Comment

If you find it difficult to point your nameservers then let me know the login details of your 123-reg account through our helpdesk and provide me with the ticket number over here. I will get this sorted for you.

Best way is to change the nameservers only as changing DNS records with 123-reg has been giving errors recently.

You can refer the following article from our KB to know how to change the nameservers from 123-reg control panel :-

http://kb.eukhost.com/transfering-a-...-from-123-reg/
      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by eukhost.com View Post
        If you find it difficult to point your nameservers then let me know the login details of your 123-reg account through our helpdesk and provide me with the ticket number over here. I will get this sorted for you.

Best way is to change the nameservers only as changing DNS records with 123-reg has been giving errors recently.
        Hi
        Thanks for reply
        Do I raise a ticket, quote your post and include my username and password for 123reg, in order for you to make the necessary changes to the DNS settings?

I think Jenny mentioned the settings for the mail as well, but I am certain you will know what has to be done

I thing that I raised in another email to support ([ #KMY-97643-694]: new account holder), was the problem about uploading the website hosting onto my space with eukhost.

I have not had a chance to do this at present - not been into the office due to ill health. Will this need to be done before these changes are made?

This was going to be another question concerning uploading of the website hosting to my space at eukhost.

I presently use FP (going to change soon as I have just purchased Studio 8 software). Will I need to put special settings into FP or somewhere else, in-order to make uploading onto my eukhost website hosting possible?

Thanks for your advice

Regards
        Simon

Comment

Hello Simon,

Open http://support.eukhost.com and raise a new ticket under sales department. You can include this thread so that no one else does it before me.

I know what needs to be done for nameserver entries so you need not worry about it. You dont need to change anything in your frontpage configuration besides your username and password as login information will remain different but the domain name will be same.

Frontpage works only with domain name so you will need to wait till your domain starts resolving from our servers.

Comment

Hi
            Thanks for your assistance

I have opened a ticket and forwarded the information to you

Regards
            Simon

Comment

I have successfully changed your nameservers and replied to your ticket

Comment

thanks Mark

Great service
                Regards

Simon

Comment

Working...
                X