Upgrading Node.js on Raspberry Pie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Node.js on Raspberry Pie

This tutorial that I am providing is upgrading the Node.js version from 6.0.0 to 6.2.1

I had used a Ubuntu Server so the commands for installation and upgrading would be “apt-get” based….

I checked the current version by using the following command.
    node –v

We need to first run the “update” command on the server as we have to updated packages on the before we upgrade it to a higher version.
    sudo apt update

After the packages have been upgraded, we would be upgrading the packages with the following command.
    sudo apt install nodejs

Once the upgrade has been completed, you can check the version once again after it has been done.
    node –v

Once the upgrade has been completed we need to upgrade the packages of the server with the following command
    curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x | sudo -E bash –

Run:
    sudo apt update

Once again to upgrade the packages ( If there are any packages that are available).
    Do let me know your feedback on it.

Thank you....

Hi...i am a new user here. I run the apt “update” command. This command will not actually update any software on the system, but will download the latest package lists from the software repositories so that Raspbian will be aware of all new software available along with dependencies.

printed circuit board
    Last edited by CoraDias; 06-06-2018, 15:56.

Comment

Working...
    X