Ubuntu Unity Dash slow on Intel HD 2xxx (2000/2500) graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu Unity Dash slow on Intel HD 2xxx (2000/2500) graphics card

If you find that the Unity Dash is sometimes slow (especially if you have it in full-screen mode), it may be because of the blur effect which is used in the Dash. You can speed up the Dash by disabling the blur effect.
    • Go to the Ubuntu Software Centre
    • Search for and install the Unity Tweak Tool
    • Open the Unity Tweak Tool and from the Launcher section, go to the Search tab and change "Background Blur" from "ON" to "OFF" by clicking the toggle switch.
    • Done!

Re: Ubuntu Unity Dash slow on Intel HD 2xxx (2000/2500) graphics card

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 business desktop. It originally came with Windows Vista but I quickly replaced it with a Linux distro. I use Ubuntu 13.04 on it now and one thing that didn't work was the Unity Dash. Rather, it worked, but there were graphical artefacts and I later found it because of the blur effect being enabled. So as well as speeding up the Dash, if you have graphical artefacts using the Dash you might want to consider disabling the blur effect in the Unity Tweak Tool and seeing whether that fixes the problem. I couldn't possibly live with it or I'll end up suffering a headache seeing it flicker every time I use it!

I'm not sure why it doesn't work because the GPU is an integrated 82Q35 Intel GMA so if it can display Aero effects properly in Windows Vista it should surely be capable of displaying a blur effect in the Dash.

If anyone is interested, you can read more about the graphical glitch in the Dash in a bug report which someone had filed about the same issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nux/+bug/1087534. I'm hoping it'll be fixed in Ubuntu 13.10.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this post here I liked this so much. Well, I am a writer and I am writing blogs for the https://masterbundles.com/graphics/textures/ website where I am getting some ideas about the texture graphics. If you want to get ideas with this then you must go with this.

Comment

Working...
      X