Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup not enabled notification

For the last few days I have been getting emails saying
    warn [backup] Backup Not Enabled (This can be adjusted in WHM => Backup => Backup Configuration)
    Yes, that's correct as R1soft backup is enabled and is working correctly.

I tried disabling notifications in WHM's Contact Manager for cPanel Backup and cPanel Backup (legacy notification) but that makes no difference. I suspect it's not coming from there as the notifications template for these are quite different to the email I receive.

It's not really a problem and doesn't require a ticket but I am just curious as to why the emails have only just started and how I can turn them off.

Hello Steven,

The notification which you are getting seems to be getting generated from the backup cron job.

You may edit the cron command like this to simply silence the alert.

Login to the server using SSH or SFTP as root user and edit the file "
    /var/spool/cron/root"

It has a lines as follows.

0 1 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/cpbackup
    0 2 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup

In order to silence the alerts just modify them as follows.

0 1 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/cpbackup >/dev/null 2>&1
    0 2 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup >/dev/null 2>&1
    Still if you notice any issues or want our help in doing this please initiate a chat or place a support ticket and provide us the root details to access the server so that we will check the issue in further details for you .

Kindest Regards,
    Phil R
    Support Department

Comment

Thanks for your reply and help. That would explain why the email is not using a Cpanel notification template; those cron jobs are probably left over from a previous backup system. I can make the changes you suggest. The only mystery is why the cron jobs have just started months after that backup system was turned off.

Comment

Hello Steve,

Would it be possible for you to share the copy of email you have received along with the root password of server by creating a new ticket with our support? Ticket would be a much quicker as well as secure mode to share the details of this issue and find a resolution.
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

ban-img
        Working...
        X