Migration from virtuozzo to vLite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration from virtuozzo to vLite

Has anyone had experience of their existing VPS on Virtuozzo being migrated to vLite? Is it a data only migration? I ask as I had been informed of hardware issues with the node where my VPS is located and because of this my VPS would be "migrated" to the vLite platform, complete with change of IP addresses.

The last IP address change that I experienced with one of my dedicated servers didn't go so well with the main site on the server being unavailable for several hours.

This time it seemed that the original server would be left running (which it is) and the new one with new IP addresses would be created, with me left to update the nameservers and any other services pointing at the old IP addresses. However, when I came to check over the new server, it seems only cpanel account information had been transferred, whereas I had customised the configuration of the server over the last few years, including SVN hosting etc. I had also created some extra users (non-cpanel) with specific privileges, along with custom cronjobs and backup processes. None of this was transferred. I should have really guessed when I saw the ticket had been updated with the new IP addresses and a new root password.

I've not heard back via the ticket system for over 16 hours despite me being informed via the chat system that the ticket was being addressed by senior admins and the operator had raised the priority (even thought I had already raised it to critical).

If there is a compatibility issue between Virtuozzo and vLite meaning the VPS cannot be directly transferred, I wish I'd been told so I would have been prepared to manually transfer the custom configuration. I'm just about to go on holiday and don't have the time to do this now.

I've therefore asked for more information via the ticket system regarding the nature of the migration and if it was always going to be just data only, then the migration needs to be put on hold until I return from Holiday. Still no answer.

Just wondering what other people's experiences were.

Thanks,
    Jason.

Hello Jason,

Yes,we are migrating the existing VPS on Virtuozzo platform to the vLite platform based on eNlight Cloud Hypervisor.
    We have migrated the accounts which contains the web pages,databases,mails etc. to the new vLite.
    I have tried to locate any ticket for your migration but couldn't find it.If you have any directory not migrated,I'd request you to update the ticket which was open for migration so we can look into it.Also, update us with the cron , backup process which is not working so we can check that too.

Regards.

Comment

I would recommend you transfer the files & databases yourself if you want to be sure of their integrity. I had mine transferred by support but a good percentage of the files are missing and the website completely broken because of it.

(p.s support I have asked you to re-do the transfer three times )

Comment

Hello Jason,

Could you please provide the ticket ID so that we can check the status.

@mojo1337, we are really sorry for the trouble caused to you, is your website is working fine now?

Regards,

Sheridan,
        Support Team.

Comment

Originally posted by SupportBot View Post
          Hello Jason,

Could you please provide the ticket ID so that we can check the status.

@mojo1337, we are really sorry for the trouble caused to you, is your website is working fine now?

Regards,

Sheridan,
          Support Team.
          No, ever since the move I have experience a very poor service. The new VPS crashes 5/6 times a day with no notifications or anything, the only way I know is when a customer calls up to report it.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo1337 View Post
            No, ever since the move I have experience a very poor service. The new VPS crashes 5/6 times a day with no notifications or anything, the only way I know is when a customer calls up to report it.
            Hi !

We regret to hear that there was issue with your VPS. Please PM me your registered email address or the concerned server IP as I'm not able to locate your hosting with the help of email ID which is used for forum login. I will check this ASAP or pass issue to shift supervisor/Level III administrator for the further investigation.

Regards,
            Kieran Alen.
            Level II - Linux System Administrator.
            www.eukhost.com
            Regards,
            Kieran A.
            Cloud Administrator

Comment

I would recommend you transfer the files & databases yourself if you want to be sure of their integrity. I had mine transferred by support but a good percentage of the files are missing and the website completely broken because of it.

(p.s support I have asked you to re-do the transfer three times )
              Are you even a customer of Eukhost? Or are you paid by any of our competitors for defaming us? Your email address registered on the forums isn't found anywhere on our billing or customer databases & that your local network's IP address isn't found in the similar way too. I noticed that ever since you've joined this community forums, it's only been baseless complaints instead of queries or asking for solutions. Please bear in mind that this is not a right place to complain (& specially when you don't have your services hosted with us) & rant over any issues but asking for solutions out of the box or to a community openly. Please provide all the relevant/proper details of your account & the exact problems you're facing here. I'll be asking the forum moderators to ban your account by next 24 hours if you don't reply back to all your threads/posts you've posted so far.
              Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hello,

We wish to help you Jason but without providing us with any information in order to locate your client area account, we cannot help you. We have searched our client area database with the email address registered with your forum account and IP address but we cannot find your client area account.

Please provide us with any ticket# for any tickets you have submitted regarding the issue you're having so we can assist you.

Best regards,
                Ben Stones.

Comment

Attn: Rock
                  Hello Rock, I'm not going to take the bait from your obvious trolling and unprofessionalism but may i respectfully request that you do not make those kind of slanderous accusations against me on a public forum.

Attn: Ben
                  Hello Ben, thanks for the reply. I can confirm now that after escalation to a senior admin the issue was resolved. The transfer was redone (for a third time) and now I have verified that all of the files are there. Thank you again for the response.

Comment

Hello Rock, I'm not going to take the bait from your obvious trolling and unprofessionalism but may i respectfully request that you do not make those kind of slanderous accusations against me on a public forum.

Hello Ben, thanks for the reply. I can confirm now that after escalation to a senior admin the issue was resolved. The transfer was redone (for a third time) and now I have verified that all of the files are there. Thank you again for the response.
                    Hello,

No problem. Regarding Jack's response (Rock), we have had people register on our forum before and post negative things about us when they are not even a customer of ours. I apologise for Jack's response to you as it isn't something we should say without being absolutely certain about it - although understandably, Jack had a genuine concern and wasn't intending to offend you in any way. We always allow our customers to freely post their feedback about us on our public forum and in these cases, we would never hide any customer posts even though we know the consequences of negative comments from our customers - but from my perspective, in the cases where we fail to provide the high level of service our customers expect, that's a consequence we have to live with and learn from.

If you require any further assistance from us please do not hesitate to contact us, we'd be happy to help.

Comment

Hi mojo1337,

Thank you for your reply & I apologise if mine has offended you in any way. Please PM me your registered email address or your account details so I can check what problems you've faced so far & what we can do to avoid them in the future. Awaiting your response..
                      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X