Backup in WHM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup in WHM

WHM backs up all our accounts using FTP to a server provided by Eukhost and it is working well

However, I want to unselect one of the accounts for backup as I want to use it as a testing ground and those files don't need backing up, especially as they are likely to push us over the allowed amount of backups.

In the past WHM allowed you to select users to be backed up, but now it claims that all the users are backed up using the Legacy system (correct) but none are being backed up (which is false!). I want to say back up all but one account but given that what it is saying about the current situation is false, I'm not sure I should change anything. Advice would be welcome.

[I would attach an image to show what WHM is saying, but this forum won't let me do that. I can upload an image (png format) but the forum won't let me do anything with it]

Re: Backup in WHM

Hi,

However, I want to unselect one of the accounts for backup as I want to use it as a testing ground and those files don't need backing up, especially as they are likely to push us over the allowed amount of backups.
    You'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page in "WHM>> Backup Configuration" and click on "Select" button in-front of "Select Specific Users" option.
    It will open a new window for you from which you'll need to uncheck the domain/account name of which you want to neglect from backup.

If in case, you've anymore questions in this regard then I'd like to request you to come up on our live chat assistance to get the answers of your questions/doubts in this regard.
    Regards,
    Victor Pankhurst,
    Support Team.

Comment

I think you misunderstand me. I went to the Select Specific Users page and against every user I see:
      Legacy:On Backups:Off
      which made me think that the backup is off for every user which is not true.

But thinking again, does that actually mean:

Legacy Backup system:On New Backup system:Off?
      If it does then I only need to change the user I don't want to backup to:
      Legacy:Off Backups:Off

That WHM page is confusing!

PS I still can't upload images here which wwould have been useful to show what I was looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by stevem View Post
        I think you misunderstand me. I went to the Select Specific Users page and against every user I see:
        Legacy:On Backups:Off
        which made me think that the backup is off for every user which is not true.

But thinking again, does that actually mean:

Legacy Backup system:On New Backup system:Off?
        If it does then I only need to change the user I don't want to backup to:
        Legacy:Off Backups:Off

That WHM page is confusing!

PS I still can't upload images here which wwould have been useful to show what I was looking at.
        Hi Steve,

This new backup system was introduced in cPanel version 11.38. System administrators who may not feel comfortable with this update can still use the 11.36 version of Backup Configuration, formerly called "Configure Backups" now called "Legacy Backup Configuration". cPanel doesn't have any plan as of now to disable the legacy backup system, but I do recommend trying the new backup system due to it's many improvements. You can read about the improvements in the backup system here. You'll find complete reference to the backup configurations here.

There's an issue with the file upload function at the moment which is being worked on & will be fixed shortly, but you can link or upload the files on imagebay.us or bayimg.com in the meantime. Also as stated by Victor earlier, if you approach our tech support staff via live chat or ticket, we'd assist you with setting up the backups correctly.
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X