Some users unable to access semi-dedicated server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some users unable to access semi-dedicated server

Last week, I upgraded my VPS to a semi-dedicated server. The transition went well, data was copied, DNS was updated and all seemed good.

However, a few users of a couple of the websites were reporting intermittent access. As it turns out, I'm one of them.

From my desktop PC, access has been fine. But from my iPad, it's just not been possible, which in itself is weird because I've ensured the DNS cache has been flushed.

But here's where it gets stranger. I did a tracert on the IP of my server and it got there OK. When I then tried to access any site on the server, it had gone; I did a tracert again and it gets stuck on the second-last hop. I connect to my work VPN and I can tracert and access the sites no bother - with the final steps of the trace being exactly the same. After waiting about half an hour or so, access is back until I next tracert.

I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. The only thing I have to go on so far is that we all have Sky as our ISP. I'd originally assumed a DNS problem, but that doesn't explain the failure to access even by IP. And the "blockage" seems to be once I've left Sky's network, at an IP owned by RapidSwitch.

Can anyone advise on what the problem could be?

Re: Some users unable to access semi-dedicated server

Hi Mark !

Please provide us the domain names and tracert report details as asked in the ticket : XFC-736-75619.
    We will have a look into it and shall investigate the issue further.
    Regards,
    Kieran A.
    Cloud Administrator

Comment

Re: Some users unable to access semi-dedicated server

it's awesome..thanks

Comment

Working...
      X