Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is It So Difficult To Get An Answer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is It So Difficult To Get An Answer?

Following a change of (external) mail server (from local SBS2003 Exchange to external hosted Exchange) my website stopped being able to send emails using Localhost.

I have had 3 Livechat sessions and explained what I believe to be the problem (SMTP server in IIS6 needs to be pointed to my new external mail server) to 3 different support staff and this has taken about 2 hours of my time. The last chat led to a suppoort ticket being raised [SUPPORT #WZH-697-96800] and the response to this ticket has been o ask me to explain (again) the problem.

Is it my imagination or do the suppport team simply not take into account anything that I say?

Very frustrating and and a waste of my time and theirs.

Chris
    Chris Jones
    www.displaycentre.co.uk

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Get An Answer?

Hi Chris,

I have checked through your ticket and I can understand why you are getting frustrated. I will speak with one of our senior administrators so this can be resolved for you as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Ben Stones.

Comment

Thanks Ben,

This should be really quick and simple to fix. If only it were possible to speak to someone on the phone!

Chris
      Chris Jones
      www.displaycentre.co.uk

Comment

Hello Chris,

Following a change of (external) mail server (from local SBS2003 Exchange to external hosted Exchange) my website stopped being able to send emails using Localhost.
        The last chat led to a suppoort ticket being raised [SUPPORT #WZH-697-96800]
        We have replied to your ticket. Kindly check and reply to us in ticket.

Regards,
        euksud.

Comment

This issue still remains unresolved after 7 days.

Tech Support has made a number of suggestions but I am not convinced that it is being dealt-with at the right level of techi9cal expertise.

What really concerns me is that I am now being told to take the ticket back onto Livechat when I thought that the strong techical guys were not customer facing?

Chris
          Chris Jones
          www.displaycentre.co.uk

Comment

Maybe I should just explain here the simple question that, due to my lack of server knowledge, is confusing me.

My website email script depends upon the following settings:
            Dim smtp_server As String = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSetti ngs("smtp_server")
            Dim smtp_username As String = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSetti ngs("smtp_username")
            Dim smtp_password As String = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSetti ngs("smtp_password")

If I set the variable smpt_server to be the ip address of my external exchange mail server, are the SMTP settings in IIS6 (eg smarthost) and IIS7 (port) relevant in any way?

Because I dont understand the following (latest) advice from Tech Support. Is the advice meant to apply to my VMWare or to the external exchange mail server:

Dear Chris,

I suggest you follow these steps :

In ADSIEdit under : Configuration Services Microsoft Exchange -<organization name> Administrative Groups Exchange Administrative Group Servers <Servername> Protocols SMTP Receive Connectors Client<servername>

Right click the receive connector and click properties, click the security tab and grant the Authenticated users group the Accept Authoritative Domain Sender allow permission.

And also, make sure that in the Exchange System Manager, you have added the server IP to the allow relay list.

If problem persists, you can contact us on live chat so that we can assist you in a better way.

Regards,
            Pollard.
            Support Department.

Chris
            Chris Jones
            www.displaycentre.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X