Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Migration & Name Servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Migration & Name Servers

    Hi All - I wondered if any of you guys have migrated from shared cpanel hosting to VPS?

    I have done just that (well 1/2 way there) the support desk here at EUK have told me I must register new name servers and i.p's with my registrar 123reg (note : not add new name servers thats easy enough).

    As for registering NEW Name Servers has anyone done this with 123-reg at all?

    I have the name Servers in my VPS and the I.p's they point to, surely this is as simple as it looks?

    I think the screener attached lets you do it yourself and would like to be corrected if I'm mistaken...

    Many thanks for any assistance.

    Best '

    EqualMatt (Matt)

    P.s the images display too small here so please follow this link for decent (readable) images. (seems I cant post links yet??) they are on imgur under name servers (2 images)
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Migration & Name Servers

    Hi Matt,

    Thank you for getting in touch.

    I have asked for one of our senior technicians to help get this quickly resolved for you so you can complete your migration over to your new VPS.

    I will keep an eye on the progress of this issue to make sure this is resolved for you as quickly as possible.

    Kind regards,

    Ben Stones.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Migration & Name Servers

      Originally posted by EqualMatt View Post
      Hi All - I wondered if any of you guys have migrated from shared cpanel hosting to VPS?

      I have done just that (well 1/2 way there) the support desk here at EUK have told me I must register new name servers and i.p's with my registrar 123reg (note : not add new name servers thats easy enough).

      As for registering NEW Name Servers has anyone done this with 123-reg at all?

      I have the name Servers in my VPS and the I.p's they point to, surely this is as simple as it looks?

      I think the screener attached lets you do it yourself and would like to be corrected if I'm mistaken...

      Many thanks for any assistance.

      Best '

      EqualMatt (Matt)

      P.s the images display too small here so please follow this link for decent (readable) images. (seems I cant post links yet??) they are on imgur under name servers (2 images)
      Hi Matt!

      I've sent you a PM with details of the new name servers along with the respective IP address that needs to be input at 123Reg!

      Please let know if you require any further assistance with this..
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Migration & Name Servers

        Thanks guys but as I explained to Rock the NS and IPs are set up at EUK end I was merely asking if I was on the correct screen at 123, sorry if my question was misleading at all!

        They will (60 or so domains) all have the same NS and point to the same IP of my VPS

        I just wondered if it was that straightforward at 123's end they usually manage to wangle a fee for things like this

        Thanks again

        Best'

        Matt

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Migration & Name Servers

          Originally posted by EqualMatt View Post
          Thanks guys but as I explained to Rock the NS and IPs are set up at EUK end I was merely asking if I was on the correct screen at 123, sorry if my question was misleading at all!

          They will (60 or so domains) all have the same NS and point to the same IP of my VPS

          I just wondered if it was that straightforward at 123's end they usually manage to wangle a fee for things like this

          Thanks again

          Best'

          Matt
          Yes Matt, you're on the correct screen of updating the name server records at 123Reg.. I've replied to your PM too.
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

          Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Migration & Name Servers

            Much Appreciated Rock!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Migration & Name Servers

              Originally posted by EqualMatt View Post
              Much Appreciated Rock!!
              You're most welcome Matt! Have a good one..
              Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

              Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Migration & Name Servers

                Originally posted by Rock View Post
                You're most welcome Matt! Have a good one..
                Is it possible to migrate my domain alone 1st rock? i'll do it tonight if its possible dude!

                Best'

                Matt

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Migration & Name Servers

                  Originally posted by EqualMatt View Post
                  Is it possible to migrate my domain alone 1st rock? i'll do it tonight if its possible dude!

                  Best'

                  Matt
                  Yes, it's possible to migrate a single account (but it requires manual intervention) which is an added as an addon to some main domain account. Please contact our 24x7 helpdesk support & we'll assist you with getting this done in realtime & at any time per your convenience..
                  Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

                  Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Migration & Name Servers

                    Hey Rock - I migrated the package my domain was in as a sub domain, however the main site is on the vps but mine is listed as parked please see screenshot, how do I make my domain equaldesign.co.uk an account in its own right? Any help is really appreciated!

                    Best'

                    Matt

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-24 12.47.04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	160012

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Migration & Name Servers

                      Originally posted by EqualMatt View Post
                      Hey Rock - I migrated the package my domain was in as a sub domain, however the main site is on the vps but mine is listed as parked please see screenshot, how do I make my domain equaldesign.co.uk an account in its own right? Any help is really appreciated!

                      Best'

                      Matt

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]667[/ATTACH]
                      Hi Matt,

                      The migration went on smoothly & as expected. We've updated you in the ticket MOZ-452-82237 with all the relevant information. Please reply to it if you have any queries related to the same. Have a good one!
                      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

                      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Migration & Name Servers

                        Hi,

                        To migrate your website successfully, follow the steps

                        Data Backup
                        Map New Server IP Address
                        DNS Settings
                        Cancel Old Host

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X