Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP5-idn, PHP5-memcache, PHP5-ming, PHP5-ps, PHP5-recode, PHP5-mhas

Hi,

I've been trying for a while to track down where and how to install some PHP libraries our web developers have specified on our Centos 6.5 VPS (vLite). Most of the ones are already present and some of the rest I've found and installed. However I'm having problems tracking down locations to get and install the required repositories etc for the following:

PHP5-idn

I've installed libidn (which I assume is the right one), but trying to install PHP-idn from via Module Installers in WHM from Pecl give the following:

Failed to download pecl/idn within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 0.2.0, stability "beta", use "channel://pecl.php.net/idn-0.2.0" to install
    install failed
    The idn.so object is not in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626
    Tidying /usr/local/lib/php.ini...
    No changes
    Tidying /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/etc/php.ini...
    No changes

Likewise trying to install ming via the same route gives:

No releases available for package "pecl.php.net/ming"
    install failed
    The ming.so object is not in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626
    No changes
    No changes

I've had no more success with the other libraries they've specified which are:

PHP5-memcache
    PHP5-ps
    PHP5-recode
    PHP5-mhash

They did give me some suggestions for memcache via but the wget failed with "file not found". I've also had no success with their suggestions for. I'd post the links for their suggestions but I've not hit the "5 posts" threshold to do that.

I'm no Linux expert (getting to know it bit by bit as I need to)and our web developers (who also do hosting) are more familiar with Debian than Centos. So any suggestions/assistance would be very much appreciated.

George

Re: PHP5-idn, PHP5-memcache, PHP5-ming, PHP5-ps, PHP5-recode, PHP5-mhas

Hi George,

We have created a helpdesk ticket for you. We will have a look into this for you once you reply with your confirmation.
    The Ticket ID is : EKV-539-78664
    Regards,
    Kieran A.
    Cloud Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by george.h View Post
      Hi,

I've been trying for a while to track down where and how to install some PHP libraries our web developers have specified on our Centos 6.5 VPS (vLite). Most of the ones are already present and some of the rest I've found and installed. However I'm having problems tracking down locations to get and install the required repositories etc for the following:

PHP5-idn

I've installed libidn (which I assume is the right one), but trying to install PHP-idn from via Module Installers in WHM from Pecl give the following:

Failed to download pecl/idn within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 0.2.0, stability "beta", use "channel://pecl.php.net/idn-0.2.0" to install
      install failed
      The idn.so object is not in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626
      No changes
      No changes

Likewise trying to install ming via the same route gives:

No releases available for package "pecl.php.net/ming"
      install failed
      The ming.so object is not in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626
      No changes
      No changes

I've had no more success with the other libraries they've specified which are:

PHP5-memcache
      PHP5-ps
      PHP5-recode
      PHP5-mhash

They did give me some suggestions for memcache via but the wget failed with "file not found". I've also had no success with their suggestions for. I'd post the links for their suggestions but I've not hit the "5 posts" threshold to do that.

I'm no Linux expert (getting to know it bit by bit as I need to)and our web developers (who also do hosting) are more familiar with Debian than Centos. So any suggestions/assistance would be very much appreciated.

George
      Hi George, the problem with these above not working is that pecl.php.net/packagename is now pecl.php.net/package/packagename. ie: what your server is trying to find is pecl.php.net/ming, but the packages are actually located at pecl.php.net/package/ming. It's recommended to install these packages by manually downloading them. Let us know if you want us to do that for you.. We'd be happy to help!
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi George,

I see our admin John R has installed PHP5-idn, PHP5-memcache, PHP5-ps, PHP5-mhas packages manually for you and responded your ticket : EKV-539-78664.

As ming package has been superseded, it was not available via PECL and I had to download it manually from FrontPage - Libming Wiki source. I have now managed to install & enable ming extension and also installed recode package, but to be able to use the functions defined in this module we will have to compile your PHP interpreter using the --with-recode=/usr/local/include/ option.

We can give it a try, but wont be sure if that's going to work as this is a third party module and officially not included in the Cpanel easyapache installation.

As per the PHP recode manual, some crashes and start-up problems are noticed when loading the recode module and that could also cause Segmentation Fault on the server. Please refer to the following page to know more about this. ::

PHP: Installation - Manual

Let us know if you still would like us to give it a try to recompile PHP and Apache with recode support. We will get this done for you.
        Regards,
        Kieran A.
        Cloud Administrator

Comment

Hi Kieran,

All fixed now by technical support. I've opted tp leave recode support due to the reliability issues highlighted by JohnR.

Many thanks for all of you help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by george.h View Post
            Hi Kieran,

All fixed now by technical support. I've opted tp leave recode support due to the reliability issues highlighted by JohnR.

Many thanks for all of you help with this.
            You're welcome George ! We are glad to know that everything is sorted out now.
            Regards,
            Kieran A.
            Cloud Administrator

Comment

Working...
            X