X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevem
    started a topic Strange MySQL error message

Strange MySQL error message

When I click on the phpMyAdmin icon in CPanel for one user, it briefly goes to a new CPanel page and then on to phpMyAdmin. In that brief moment (so brief it was difficult to capture the message) the CPanel page fills with repeats of:
    Please be patient, you will be redirected in a moment.... Error from MySQL query: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can't find any matching row in the user table at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 1196. Error from MySQL query: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can't find any matching row in the user table at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 1196......
    then phpMyAdmin loads fine. As far as I'm aware all the databases are behaving correctly, and Check DB in Cpanel says they are fine.

phpMyAdmin in WHM loads without any error messages.

So what is the cause of these error messages? I haven't opened a ticket as there doesn't appear to be anything wrong.

• stevem
    replied
    Re: Strange MySQL error message

Wow! Thank you very much for seeing that and correcting it. Great service from eUKhost yet again!

Leave a comment:

• Kieran
    replied

Originally posted by stevem View Post
    I have one question. I have looked up and understood what skip-name-resolve does but why does CPanel give errors when using that directive?
    I have noticed that the MySQL system database had old hostname [ default one ] reference which might be conflicting with the cPanel connectivity string and hence that error could have occurred. Now, I have replaced the hostname in the database so the mysql DNS check should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• stevem
    replied

Excellent! Thank you very much for doing that. Just for interest, I have one question. I have looked up and understood what skip-name-resolve does but why does CPanel give errors when using that directive?

Leave a comment:

• Kieran
    replied

Originally posted by stevem View Post
    When I click on the phpMyAdmin icon in CPanel for one user, it briefly goes to a new CPanel page and then on to phpMyAdmin. In that brief moment (so brief it was difficult to capture the message) the CPanel page fills with repeats of:

then phpMyAdmin loads fine. As far as I'm aware all the databases are behaving correctly, and Check DB in Cpanel says they are fine.

phpMyAdmin in WHM loads without any error messages.

So what is the cause of these error messages? I haven't opened a ticket as there doesn't appear to be anything wrong.
    Hi Steve,

I have just removed 'skip-name-resolve' directive from /etc/my.cnf file and restarted MySQL service on your server.
    This should resolve the above issue as the same error was noticed recently on other cPanel servers too.

If the issue persists then you can open a support ticket and report this. We will have a look into this for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X