Insufficient memory L-VPS-01

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insufficient memory L-VPS-01

I'm on my fourth year of a L-VPS-01 plan. Think I've got 512MB of memory on that which is becoming restrictive.

Noticed that other hosts now give much more than that for the price I'm paying & EUKHOST'S vLite 1 has 2 Gb of memory for much the same price as I am paying.

Wondering what the chances are of a memory upgrade?

Re: Insufficient memory L-VPS-01

Dear,

Currently your vps is hosted on Virtuozzo platform & we don't offer upgrade on the Virtuozzo nodes. The new vLite packages are much more advanced & will offer you more resources as compared to your current vps. You can upgrade to our vLite package & we will migrate all your data to the new setup. In this upgrade, the IP's will change & you will get new set of IP's on vLite. For more information regarding the upgrade, you can contact our support through live chat.
    Regards,
    Sam
    System Admin

Comment

Hi Sam

Thanks for that. Firstly can you remove my name from you post.

I don't have a great experience with live chat on more than the simplest issues so would rather keep the questions going here.

Changing IP's doesn't sound great bearing in mind I have a number, including two I think connected to SSL certificates. Also any downtime causes me significant hassles.

Bearing this in mind can you look at my specific setup & confirm the downtime & costs involved if you handled the migration as suggested.

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanic View Post
        Hi Sam

Thanks for that. Firstly can you remove my name from you post.

I don't have a great experience with live chat on more than the simplest issues so would rather keep the questions going here.

Changing IP's doesn't sound great bearing in mind I have a number, including two I think connected to SSL certificates. Also any downtime causes me significant hassles.

Bearing this in mind can you look at my specific setup & confirm the downtime & costs involved if you handled the migration as suggested.

Many thanks.
        Hi!

Name removed! Changing the IP won't cause any problems with the SSL, just a minimal downtime of say 2 3 hours (updating the NS records) & the migration can be done during the night time for low business impact on your sites.

Sam is working on the migration plan & will share with you soon..
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hello,

Your current vps is on CentOS 5.10 which is too old & you might have to upgrade the OS in few days. So its better if its done now. In this migration from vps to vLite, we will first migrate all your data to vLite & you can confirm your sites working from the vLite server. Once everything is fine on the new server, we will switch the DNS to new IP's. The downtime will be less as the sites will work either from vps or vLite during the propagation period. Also, there is nothing to worry about the SSL. SSL certificates will also be migrated to vLite for the domains with new IP's.

There is no cost involved in this upgrade & migration. Migration will be done as per your convenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
          Regards,
          Sam
          System Admin

Comment

Thanks guys.

Okay if I'm reading this correctly you are going to transfer everything, hosting, cpanel, settings, SSL Certificates, files, database etc. in fact everything to new hosting with no cost at all....? Then let me have some time to play with it then once all confirmed we can transfer the DNS's & close the old hosting???

Please confirm that this is the case & if so how do we start this process?

Comment

Thanks guys.

Okay if I'm reading this correctly you are going to transfer everything, hosting, cpanel, settings, SSL Certificates, files, database etc. in fact everything to new hosting with no cost at all....? Then let me have some time to play with it then once all confirmed we can transfer the DNS's & close the old hosting???

Please confirm that this is the case & if so how do we start this process?
              Hello,

Yes, it will be done exactly as you have quoted. I will open a support ticket for you, requesting for the upgrade & migration.

I request you to kindly check your client area of this new ticket & reply back so we can start the process.
              Regards,
              Sam
              System Admin

Comment

Just like to say what great service I've received from EUKHost in making this upgrade.

Thanks to Sam & Jack above, Michael & Kieran on the support ticket together with George & Laurence solving some issues via live chat.

Absolutely a first class service received from all!

Comment

Just like to say what great service I've received from EUKHost in making this upgrade.

Thanks to Sam & Jack above, Michael & Kieran on the support ticket together with George & Laurence solving some issues via live chat.

Absolutely a first class service received from all!
                  You're most welcome We're glad that the entire upgrade process went smooth, with least downtime.

Thank you for your time in posting this feedback towards our services, specially on a weekend, much appreciated!
                  Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  X