X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinW
    started a topic facing issue with htaccess file

facing issue with htaccess file

I am sorry but am not too sure what i am doing wrong with my .htaccess file which gets modified when running Easy Apache.
    Please assist...

• Rock
    replied
    Re: facing issue with htaccess file

Originally posted by KevinW View Post
    I am sorry but am not too sure what i am doing wrong with my .htaccess file which gets modified when running Easy Apache.
    Please assist...
    It's recommended to have the file's attribute changed to immutable (ie: unchangeable by anything, which means even root can't modify it) using the chattr command. You can do it in the following manner:

chattr - change file attributes on a Linux file system

chattr +[mode] filename

where [mode] is a, i, u.

A file with the 'a' attribute set can only be open in append mode for writing. Only the superuser or a process possessing the CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE capability can set or clear this attribute.

A file with the 'i' attribute cannot be modified: it cannot be deleted or renamed, no link can be created to this file & no data can be written to the file. Only the superuser or a process possessing the CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE capability can set or clear this attribute.

When a file with the 'u' attribute set is deleted, its contents are saved. This allows the user to ask for its undeletion.

So in order to make the .htaccess file unchangeable by easyapache, you can run the following command in SSH:

cd [to the path where the .htaccess file is located]
    chattr +aiu .htaccess

That'll do the trick..

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied

Hello Kevin,

It seems that you are recompilling Apache/PHP with EasyApache hence your .htaccess file is getting modified.

I got an update from our support admin that you will need to set the 'Depth to recurse for .htaccess checks = 0' from the WHM tweak settings to prevent such modifications to your .htaccess file.
    Steps to follow;
    login to your WHM -> Server Configuration -> Tweak Settings -> System and then set 'Depth to recurse for .htaccess checks = 0'

You may contact our technical support team using our live chat facility or simply raise a ticket for further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied

Hi Kevin,

do you have a Dedicated Server / VPS / Cloud plan ? we will need to check the settings in your httpd.conf file to make sure your .htaccess is not overwritten next time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X