Upgrading PHP and MySQL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading PHP and MySQL

One of my users wants to use Softaculous to upgrade his Moolde installation. However, when doing so he gets the message that:
    Required PHP version greater than equal to 5.4.4 AND found version is: 5.3.8
    Required MYSQL version greater than equal to 5.5.31 AND found version 5.1.73
    I know that I can open a ticket to update PHP and MySQL but my question is should they be updated? Normally I just let the nightly CPanel update do its work and take care of security holes.

The main use of PHP and MySQL (apart from Moodle) is for WordPress and I wouldn't want to cause any problems by updating. I'd be interested in any views or experiences in doing these updates.

Re: Upgrading PHP and MySQL

Hi Steve,

you are running a very old version of PHP and MySQL on your VPS. we recommend upgrading the version, as cPanel won't upgrade PHP / MySQL automatically. please contact our support team and get the upgrade done from our team over weekend or whatever day suits you and your customer.

some scripts may not work immediately after the upgrade, so it would be much better to do the upgrade when it doesn't hit business of your customer. you will need to personally check functioning of all that is installed and hosted by your customer after we do the upgrade for you.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Re: Upgrading PHP and MySQL

Originally posted by stevem View Post
      One of my users wants to use Softaculous to upgrade his Moolde installation. However, when doing so he gets the message that:

I know that I can open a ticket to update PHP and MySQL but my question is should they be updated? Normally I just let the nightly CPanel update do its work and take care of security holes.

The main use of PHP and MySQL (apart from Moodle) is for WordPress and I wouldn't want to cause any problems by updating. I'd be interested in any views or experiences in doing these updates.
      Dear Steve,

As per ticket KCN-270-67778, we've successfully upgraded PHP & MySQL to version 5.4.31 & 5.5.36 respectively.
      Please let us know if you require any further assistance from us. Have a good one!
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
      X