Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Devices Connecting to server same IP issue

Hi All

I have an issue that has taken some time to isolate. It occurs when making http requests to my VPS from multiple devices on the same network (public IP).

Scenario
    ========

1) Go to website on VPS on laptop click a few links - website loads nice and fast
    2) Go to same website or another located on same VPS but using device (in this case my iphone) and all will load fine - but now my laptop's connection to VPS is throttled to a nearby standstill you cannot load any pages or they are very slow yet the iphone is loading super quick
    3) The only way to restore laptop's normal connection to vps is to take the iphone off the network
    4) If I connect my laptop directly to VPS and my iphone through a proxy there is no issue. It seems the issue is IP vs connections (I want to say devices but I'm pretty sure the VPS can't distinguish between devices connected)

It appears I can only have one device connected maintaining normal data download speed as soon as another is connected it or the other device's bandwidth to VPS is throttled.

This is only happening connecting to my VPS. All other websites on other servers are fine.

I've been looking for days at resolving this, have a ticket open but was thinking somebody here might have had a similar thing happen or might know something to try.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Multiple Devices Connecting to server same IP issue

Originally posted by Gerbull001 View Post
    Hi All

I have an issue that has taken some time to isolate. It occurs when making http requests to my VPS from multiple devices on the same network (public IP).

Scenario
    ========

1) Go to website on VPS on laptop click a few links - website loads nice and fast
    2) Go to same website or another located on same VPS but using device (in this case my iphone) and all will load fine - but now my laptop's connection to VPS is throttled to a nearby standstill you cannot load any pages or they are very slow yet the iphone is loading super quick
    3) The only way to restore laptop's normal connection to vps is to take the iphone off the network
    4) If I connect my laptop directly to VPS and my iphone through a proxy there is no issue. It seems the issue is IP vs connections (I want to say devices but I'm pretty sure the VPS can't distinguish between devices connected)

It appears I can only have one device connected maintaining normal data download speed as soon as another is connected it or the other device's bandwidth to VPS is throttled.

This is only happening connecting to my VPS. All other websites on other servers are fine.

I've been looking for days at resolving this, have a ticket open but was thinking somebody here might have had a similar thing happen or might know something to try.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

If you can provide us the ticket ID, we can take a look at it & get this resolved quickly.
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi

Sorry for late reply - have been waiting for a ticket update. I have sent you a PM.

We have isolated this down to concurrent connections using apple devices so a mixture of ipad, macbook, iphone can only maintain one normal speed connection.

Comment

Latest update from ticket is

'Sorry we don't have multiple mac machines - we have tested it on a macbook and and a phone with no issues'

What have they tested? They clearly haven't followed the steps that we have taken to reproduce this issue. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. Can somebody please contact me by telephone from eUK host so that I can make an appointment to physically see somebody and show them the issue. I cannot afford to undertake another migration to another supplier - but right now if all I am getting is 'we cannot re-create the issue' I don't know what else to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerbull001 View Post
          Latest update from ticket is

'Sorry we don't have multiple mac machines - we have tested it on a macbook and and a phone with no issues'

What have they tested? They clearly haven't followed the steps that we have taken to reproduce this issue. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. Can somebody please contact me by telephone from eUK host so that I can make an appointment to physically see somebody and show them the issue. I cannot afford to undertake another migration to another supplier - but right now if all I am getting is 'we cannot re-create the issue' I don't know what else to do?
          Hi Nathan,

I've replied to your ticket.

EDIT : One more test was carried out from an iPad device connected to the same network.
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X