ESXi on VPS possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESXi on VPS possible?

Being a test/trial project I am planning to consider a VPS for settingup ESXi hence my questions - Is ESXi only possible on dedicated or can it be run even on VPS?

Re: ESXi on VPS possible?

Originally posted by Rockhail View Post
    Being a test/trial project I am planning to consider a VPS for settingup ESXi hence my questions - Is ESXi only possible on dedicated or can it be run even on VPS?
    ESXi requires dedicated hardware to run, specifically the NICs. A VPS isn't recommended in such circumstances.
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the update Jack, I will keep this in mind and will take my action accordingly.
      Can you please confirm if there's any limit on number of VMs i can set on your basic dedicated server with 8GB RAM.
      I wont be allocating huge RAM for VMs just need small VMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhail View Post
        Thanks for the update Jack, I will keep this in mind and will take my action accordingly.
        Can you please confirm if there's any limit on number of VMs i can set on your basic dedicated server with 8GB RAM.
        I wont be allocating huge RAM for VMs just need small VMs.
        Hi Rockhail,

I would like to confirm that there are no such limits on creating the VMs. The resources allocated to your server are only the limitations.

Say for example: With 8 GB RAM you will be able to allocate RAM as per your requirement, you are recommended to leave 2 GB RAM for the server and rest can be used to create VMs.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,
        Albie Stevens

Comment

ban-img
        Working...
        X