vLite 01 vps and LINUX VMWARE CLOUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vLite 01 vps and LINUX VMWARE CLOUD

what is the difference in performance characteristics between vLite 01 vps and LINUX VMWARE CLOUD?
    Last edited by Ryan; 25-05-2015, 12:24.

Re:vLite 01 STARTER vps and LINUX VMWARE CLOUD

The technology behind the scene differs, the VPS falls under the traditional category (stand alone server technology) whereas the VM cloud comprises a cluster of servers where the same data is replicated on all the servers in the cluster; this technology allows virtual machines (even whilst live) to instantly migrate to another physical host server in the event of a problem, or anytime its required. This even applies to a complete failure of the host server. The virtual machines will simply move to a healthy host with capacity.

Inside each storage device, drives are replicated to each other in a RAID configuration to create a first level of redundancy.

The hosting is spread across the entire Cloud and each server is generally assigned to perform a single task meaning that a single cloud hosting account will never be relying on an individual server in the cloud hosting environment. So this architecture offers a 100% uptime guarantee.

In a nutshell cloud offers better scalability and availability ..
    Last edited by Ryan; 25-05-2015, 12:25.

Comment

Re: vLite 01 STARTER vps and LINUX VMWARE CLOUD

Hello Leon,

Thanks for the detailed differentiation, in the tech spec though - I dokn't understand the double references eg. 2 x 2.2 Ghz - 12 x 2.2 Ghz so what does that mean - I get a minimum of 2 x 2.2 Ghz but can burst up to 12 x 2.2 Ghz?

Comment

Originally posted by RealBulletin View Post
        Hello Leon,

Thanks for the detailed differentiation, in the tech spec though - I dokn't understand the double references eg. 2 x 2.2 Ghz - 12 x 2.2 Ghz so what does that mean - I get a minimum of 2 x 2.2 Ghz but can burst up to 12 x 2.2 Ghz?
        That means the CPU speed can be upgraded at any point of time by just paying the extra cost.
        If you click on order now and check out the product configuration page I am sure you will get a better understanding.

I suggest that you initiate live chat to make this real quick ..

Comment

OK - so for the advertised price - 33 I get the minimum 2 x 2.2 Ghz. so the 2 cpu vps is 28 plus 9 for cpanel and the clooud minimum is 33 plus 9 for cpanel so thje difference is 5. The CPUs are comparable but I get more RAm, disk space and bandweidth with vps. but 100% uptime with cloud, Is this all correct?

Comment

OK - so for the advertised price - 33 I get the minimum 2 x 2.2 Ghz. so the 2 cpu vps is 28 plus 9 for cpanel and the clooud minimum is 33 plus 9 for cpanel so thje difference is 5. The CPUs are comparable but I get more RAm, disk space and bandweidth with vps. but 100% uptime with cloud, Is this all correct?
            The differences you mentioned are correct however there is more to it than just the difference in specs of VPS and Cloud VM. The platform, architecture, performance as well as the hardware base is completely apart and that is where the major difference lies.

You should identify your requirements first and determine which one off the two would suit them best. Benchmarking on the basis of pricing is not the right way I am afraid.
            Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
            Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
            Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I am looking for VCPU cores, 8 GB RAM, 300 SSD disk space and at least 10000 transfer speed.

Comment

We would recommend you to consider our VMware cloud solution which will provide more scalability and reliability. Please click on the "order now" on the link provided below to configure the server s per your requirement :

https://www.eukhost.com/cloud-hosting/

Please feel free to revert if you need any additional information.

Comment

I am looking for VCPU cores, 8 GB RAM, 300 SSD disk space and at least 10000 transfer speed.
                  Would you mind sharing the applications you will be hosting on this VM and the current resource usage accordingly we can recommend you the most suitable hosting option.
                  If you are looking for high scalability then Cloud Hosting would be your choice.

Comment

I would rather suggest that you consider a Dedicated server with SSD or SAS drives.
                    You can pick anyone from the business series servers, eUK E3-1230 v3 SSD.

Comment

Working...
                    X