Powered by eUKhost®

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference in speed between VPS hosting and shared hosting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference in speed between VPS hosting and shared hosting?

I know that there are many differences between the two types of hosting that makes VPS hosting superior but will there be a difference in speed also? By taking up VPS hosting will my webpages load faster?

I am very worried about the loading speed of my sites and want my pages to load the fastest.

Re: What is the difference in speed between VPS hosting and shared hosting?

If you have been using shared hosting in the past you'll find a marked difference in speed once you start using VPS because it is much superior. That is the reason why it is priced more than shared hosting because it gives you more bandwidth to play with.

Comment

It is indeed difficult to say for sure since there are many variables like SATA drives and the type of website that you have. But if you have a basic website with only a few images then yes the speed will be more if you have a VPS.

Comment

VPS hosting could be faster only if it has enough bandwidth but shared hosting could also be fast. It depends on the type of sites that are sharing the hosting resources and if it consists of small websites then there will be no problem with loading speed. On the other hand if most of the sites on the shared hosting server are large ones then it will slow down the server.

Comment

According to me it totally depends on how these servers are maintained and the hardware specs as well.

Comment

The main difference between Shared server and VPS is the resources. On shared platforms you do not get dedicated resources like CPU cores and RAM. The total RAM and CPU on the server is shared between multiple websites hosted on the Shared server whereas on VPS, you get dedicated RAM and CPU.

Also the speed of the site depends on the requirement or utilization of the resources for your website. Suppose you need 1GB dedicated RAM for your website to function normally and it is hosted on a shared server, then the chances are that your site may load slow if the server is overloaded or if it does not get the RAM required.

Hope this clarifies your doubts. For more information you can refer the following link:-

https://www.eukhost.com/vps-hosting/linux-features.php

Regards,
            Cyril Clive

Comment

It is very important to choose a proper web hosting plan while planning to start a website. You can host your content on the website through various types of hosting like shared, VPS, dedicated and cloud. Here you can find the details of shared and VPS hosting in relation to:

Meaning
              Advantages and Disadvantages
              Comparison between Shared and VPS types of Hosting

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Regards,

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Talking about the speed, I think VPS holds the upper hand, now if the client says he wants to improve his websites performance in terms of speed, he is always recommended to upgrade his package to a VPS, where he gets dedicated resources, and also the admin (root) access, however the most important benefit is the speed of the website, which really improves. It really becomes difficult for customers to decide which option to go for, I think if someone who has migrated his data from a shared package to a VPS will tell us the the difference.

Regards,
                Rex Miller

Comment

• Shared hosting is shared by many users through a single server whereas multiple VPS is created on a physical server.
                  • In shared hosting, users can upload files in a separate directory.
                  • Shared hosting is much more economical as compared to VPS as all users contribute to the overall cost of the server.
                  • The biggest advantage of shared hosting like Cloudways is that the hosting provider is responsible for installing server software, security, technical and overall management.
                  • VPS is a virtual machine on a physical server. Hosting provider provides access on multiple VPS. VPS also provides root access to the user.
                  • Disadvantage of VPS is that it is an expensive solution then shared hosting but provides access at root level.

Comment

I am considering a shared option, but I am concerned about how much space I will be able to use. Will it vary, depending on how many people are on at any given time?

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey View Post
                      I am considering a shared option, but I am concerned about how much space I will be able to use. Will it vary, depending on how many people are on at any given time?
                      Each shared hosting package do have certain resource allocation hence there's limitation on storage for your account depending on the hosting package you select.

If there's heavy traffic on your website and huge number of webusers are accessing your website then it may affect the performance of your website on shared hosting when compared to VPS.

Comment

How do you know if the slower speed of a shared hosting service is fast enough for you? Is it best to start out with shared hosting?

Comment

It actually depends on the content and the design of your website, if your website is heavy, I mean you have a lot of content like pictures and videos and a huge database, then there website require dedicated resources to run, so for such websites you can always go for a VPS or a Dedicated server. If you have a simple website with 10-15 pages and decent amount of visitors like 15-20 visitors an hour, it can word on shared servers.

With eUKhost you can test the website on shared servers for 30 days and if not satisfied, you can cancel the package and opt for a VPS, We have 30 Day money back guarantee on Shared and VPS packages.

Regards,
                          Cyril Clive
                          eUKhost provide high powered VPS web hosting with performance SSDs, located in the UK. Free setup, 30 day money back guarantee and 24x7 chat support. Order Now.

Comment

Shared hosting is the best option for start ups and newbies. However, after a point of time it is recommended to upgrade as your website tends to develop more traffic. When talking about speed, it depends upon how your website is and how it functions. If your website is loaded then it will surely take a lot of time to load. Then, it becomes necessary to upgrade to VPS or cloud hosting. So, with VPS, even if your website is loaded, it will not affect the speed of your website.

Comment

Shared Hosting

Shared Hosting is very similar to living in an Apartment Complex. All residents are in the same location and must share the available resources with everyone on the server. Resources available to each of you will be limited and malicious attacks towards a single website on a server may spread problems throughout the whole user base.

VPS Hosting

VPS Hosting is similar to owning a Condo. While you still share things on the property, you are ultimately responsible for maintaining your own property and repairs inside the condo. On a Virtual Private Server, you are allotted resources that are not shared by everyone. The overall CPU time and memory are shared across all accounts on the machine, but at the same time, portions of those resources are always dedicated to each account. So technically, VPS servers are actually still “shared” environments but the technology used to assign resources and keep users separate is much more sophisticated. This allows for more power and flexibility than being on a shared account. Another advantage to this is better security for everyone.

Comment

ban-img
                              Working...
                              X