Is VPS hosting good for gaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is VPS hosting good for gaming?

I play a lot of games many of which have heavy graphics. One of my friends told me that setting up a VPS for gaming would be a good idea and will take away the load from my computer. What are the advantages of getting a VPS for gaming? Are there any cons?

Re: Is VPS hosting good for gaming?

A Dedicated server is highly recommended for Gaming, according to my experience VPS is no good for gaming platform.

Comment

The delay won't let you play games I suppose and a VPS is not meant for Gaming for sure.
      What Game are you planning to run? You might be better off getting an entry level dedicated box. Of course that's going to raise your budget, but that might be your only option.

Leon

Comment

A VPS is a good solution especially if you are running on a budget. If you need only one game server then it has to be a VPS. This will not cost you much and you can go for a small package. The essential thing to look for is good support and that is something that is guaranteed with Eukhost.

Comment

Gaming applications use high CPU resources and it might overloads the CPU of the main node. If you wish to test the game server application on a VPS then you can consider a VPS for a month but we do not provide support for 3D game server web hosting on a VPS. On a Dedicated server you have full access to the game server to install what you like.

We do provide assistance with game server installations at no additional cost.

Rex Miller

Comment

Dear Tess,

VPS can host gaming websites technically but depends how much resources are required. As it is a gaming Website, the number of visitors would substantially increase in due course and you will need more resources. So considering this a Dedicated server would be a better option. Youwill neet to switch IP's if you wish to upgrade in later stage and many more such changes. So better to start with a Dedicated subject to resources requirement. I hope You can take a better decision considering all these points

Regards,
            Jesse

Comment

For a gaming website, I will consider VPS hosting as a gaming website can attract a lot of users. VPS hosting has the ability to handle the load of users not compromising on the core fundamentals of the functioning of the website.

Comment

For game VPS hosting is a must, there many reason related to performance and security, so having a stable VPS hosting will give best performance for gaming website. most of the game website are hosted on Cloudie Web , they have VPS hosting for both windows and linux at very low price and they give best technical support to help you out.

Comment

Hi,

It quite obvious that you must go for Dedicated Servers or a VPS with fewer games on it.

Comment

ban-img
                  Working...
                  X