How VPS server location matters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How VPS server location matters

First and foremost, speed depends upon where your VPS server is located. Servers in every country get precedence over those of others and that means a VPS server in a different country could mean slower speed. SEO rankings will also be favorable in the country where the VPS is located. Lastly, support will be easier to reach if the team is located in the same time zone as your location.

Re: How VPS server location matters

It is good to have a VPS server that belongs to an established company such as Eukhost so that there is less downtime and the server is maintained well. Location does play an important role but is not the only factor to consider while going for a VPS.

Comment

This is really very useful information and I would have never thought of it. I will now use this information when I speak to my clients and they will be impressed. My clients are very particular about what they invest in so that they get the best return on investment.

Comment

You guys ever heard about the CDN? I wouldn’t say CDN is a magical wand, but it does reduce the latency. And as far as SEO is concerned issue, then one must know that everyone sees different search results based on their search history, etc.… Bottom of the line is – get hosting from a reputable host, whether it’s in your own country or in a different country. On the lighter side – Patriotism doesn’t make sense every time .

Comment

You may need to face network latency if your VM is set on a server housed far away in a different continent than your targeted traffic however most UK base DCs have excellent multi-tier network connectivity hence you may not face any such network delay if hosted in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinW View Post
            You may need to face network latency if your VM is set on a server housed far away in a different continent than your targeted traffic
            So based on this logic, if one is targeting a global audience then he/she may need to have multiple servers in different Geo-locations. But then what you recommend to trim down the cost?

Comment

Well, many people believe that having the server closest to the target audience helps in giving faster connection and speed. However, this has just become a perception and mindset of the people. If your servers are located in different locations, it will hardly affect you. You just need to consider a web host provider whose servers are running well, good internet connection, good specs and moreover in a good datacenter which will make make little difference in hosting.

Comment

Location for server hardly matters, its just a myth . most of the branded hosting companies have there server location in different countries. Thats the reason we should go for VPS Hosting providers who are having best performance VPS , Cloudie Web Is one of those VPS Hosting provider, who are globally famous for VPS both for windows and linux.

Comment

ban-img
                Working...
                X