This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtuozzo Power Panel

Virtuozzo Power Panel (VZPP) is a very useful tool which empowers VPS Hosting owners with full administrative rights to manage / administer their VPS Hosting' as per their individual needs. VZPP functions on port 4643. Login details for individual VPS Hosting' would be as follows.

URL : https://<a href="http://www.eukhost....ing</a>ip:4643
    Login : Administrator / root
    Password : (Same as administrator / root)

Once you login and get inside into the panel, you will see a wide array of options available. To the left of your screen you will have a drop down list of different options. They are as follows.

I. VPS Hosting Management

(a) Start / Stop VPS Hosting -
    This option allows you to start, stop and restart your VPS Hosting yourself. You do not have to depend on the support team to do this for you.

(b) Change Password -

This allows you to change the password for your VZPP yourself.

(c) File Manager -
    This is a traditional file manager which allows you to manage your files using VZPP.

(d)Maintenance -

This allows you to generate backups for your VPS Hosting. You can have only one backup at a time in your Virtuozzo.

There are two types of backup; "Full" and "Incremental". A full backup would mean that all the data of the VPS Hosting will be backed up. An incremental backup means that only the data which has changed or newer data which has been uploaded in the VPS Hosting (from the date of the previous backup) will be taken in. It is upto you to decide on which type suits you best. We generally suggest incremental.

(e)Resources -

This tells you about the way you are using the available resources for your VPS Hosting and how you are using them. At this time, you have used 99&#37; of all available disk-space on your VPS Hosting. You have very little spare available disk-space. You might want to consider upgrading your plan.

II - System Services

(a)System Services -

This option allows you to see and monitor the actions which were performed on your VPS Hosting i.e. starting /stopping of the services done on your VPS Hosting. It also tells you the login which was used to perform the action.

(b)System Processes -
    Similar to the "top" command which is run on a linux server to monitor the dynamic processes which run on it, this option allows you to monitor the various individual processes running (it also lists the PID - Process ID of each process). This way you can very easily identify the process that consumes heavy resources and control it.

(c) Plesk Control Panel -
    This option allows you to access Plesk control panel from your virtuozzo itself (in case its installed for your VPS Hosting)

(d) Remote Desktop -
    You may also establish a RDP connection to your VPS Hosting from the VZPP itself using this option.

III - Logs

(a)Status Changes -
    Using this option you can see how the VPS Hosting status has been changing. You can also use filters to select several records by date/time.

(b) QoS Alerts -
    This option allows you to see the log of QoS alerts. These are events that occur when the VPS Hosting resource usage hits a certain limit. You can also use the filter to select the relevant records by their date/time. There are three different zones here. Green zone can be considered safe. Yellow zone is little dangerous. Red zone would mean that the VPS Hosting reached the maximum resources threshold at that time.

(c) Action Logs -
    This option allows you to see a list of actions, both running and already finished. This is something like the Event Viewer in the Administration tools of the server.

(d) Traffic Log -

This shows the bandwidth usage of your VPS Hosting. You can generate graphical as well as text records.

Hope this helps
    Nick
    Quality Assurance & Analysis
    EMAIL & MSN :

when i try to access VZPP on my VPS Hosting i get:

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email
    correspondent and give them the following information:

You certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate
    authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by pgac_chris View Post
      when i try to access VZPP on my VPS Hosting i get:
      Please open a support ticket regarding this issue by sending an e-mail to <a href="http://www.eukhost.com/vps-...a>@eukhost.com.

Comment

All the four options under the "Logs" part of the Parallels Power Panel give me the following error:

Application Error

The server has encountered an internal error or misconfiguration.

Contact your support representative.

Please report this problem to the technical support.

Any ideas why this is?

Comment

Originally posted by orange2000 View Post
          All the four options under the "Logs" part of the Parallels Power Panel give me the following error:

Application Error

The server has encountered an internal error or misconfiguration.

Contact your support representative.

Please report this problem to the technical support.

Any ideas why this is?

We have restarted the Service VPS on the hardware node, please check the Power Panel now. If you still get the same error, you can open a ticket on our helpdesk regarding this issue.
          Regards,
          Sam
          System Admin

Comment

Hmm, I am now unable to access either the Power Panel or my website, the whole thing seems to be down. How long does it take to come back up after the restart?

Comment

Hmm, I am now unable to access either the Power Panel or my website, the whole thing seems to be down. How long does it take to come back up after the restart?

The Power Panel & your sites are back online, please check it.
              Regards,
              Sam
              System Admin

Comment

Thanks, it seems to be working again now.

Comment

Thats great
                  Regards,
                  Sam
                  System Admin

Comment

Glad to know that everything is working fine now The Virtuozzo Power Panel [VZPP] which runs on the port 4643 is managed by the Service VPS, sometimes this services stops & causes such problems with the features display & can be easily sorted out by restarting the Service VPS.
                    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

this looks interesting ... however, what is the difference between restarting from here and say rebooting in plesk or ssh?

thanks

Comment

Virtuozzo power panel is an offline management tool provided by Parallels. You can manage your VPS with the help of Virtuozzo Power Panel [VZPP] though it is offline. You can start the vps through VZPP though it is offline and if vps is not accessible for any reason.
                        Unless your vps is live and functioning you can not reboot it through the ssh
                        Alan V
                        VPS Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by eUK-Alan View Post
                          Virtuozzo power panel is an offline management tool provided by Parallels. You can manage your VPS with the help of Virtuozzo Power Panel [VZPP] though it is offline. You can start the vps through VZPP though it is offline and if vps is not accessible for any reason.
                          Unless your vps is live and functioning you can not reboot it through the ssh
                          I never found rebooting through SSH to be a good idea. Whenever I've tried 'shutdown -r now' the VM never comes back online.

Comment

Hello

Hello,

If you are on openVZ then shutdown -r does not really reboot the VPS, it takes it down, and flags it as "to be restarted". A cron job running on the host system is then supposed to pick up that flag and restart the VPS. This is supposed to happen every 5 minutes on standard OpenVZ installations.

reboot is performed in two stages. First, you run reboot (or init 6) inside a VPS and it gets stopped.

Second, there is a cron job that runs every 5 minutes (by default) which sees that VPS needs to be rebooted and start it.

You can change it to be run every minute by editing /etc/cron.d/vpsreboot (just remove /5).

But if you are on Virtuozzo node then definitely it is recommended to reboot VPS from Virtuozzo Power Panel.

Best Regards,
                            Sebastian
                            Senior System Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by eUKShane View Post
                              Hello,

If you are on openVZ then shutdown -r does not really reboot the VPS, it takes it down, and flags it as "to be restarted". A cron job running on the host system is then supposed to pick up that flag and restart the VPS. This is supposed to happen every 5 minutes on standard OpenVZ installations.

reboot is performed in two stages. First, you run reboot (or init 6) inside a VPS and it gets stopped.

Second, there is a cron job that runs every 5 minutes (by default) which sees that VPS needs to be rebooted and start it.

You can change it to be run every minute by editing /etc/cron.d/vpsreboot (just remove /5).

But if you are on Virtuozzo node then definitely it is recommended to reboot VPS from Virtuozzo Power Panel.
                              Thank you for posting this wonderful piece of information, Seb. Really, it's rare to find such good helpful things
                              Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

ban-img
                              Working...
                              X