Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ongoing problems with VPS (fopen problem?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing problems with VPS (fopen problem?)

I've tried livechat, tickets, and phoning support but my site still does not work so as a last resort i thought i'd ask the question here.

I have an import process on my site which gets a csv file from another website and uses fopen to populate my database. It isn't working on my VPS.

It works on a shared server at Hostgator and it works on a shared server at Eukhost, but it does not work on my VPS.

I have taken a backup of the working database and installed it on my vps so the database structure is the same. I have ftp'd my files from my working site to the vps so the files are the same.
    Why doesn't it work on my VPS?

At the instruction of a livechat operator last night, i moved my dns to point to my VPS so now i have a website with thousands of empty pages and broken image links because my database is empty.

PLEASE can someone tell me what is happening.

My support ticket number is: [ #ANX-49160-763]

Thanks
    John

Hello John,

We are already working on your ticket, we will update your ticket as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Sam
    Regards,
    Sam
    System Admin

Comment

Hi John.. this should be sorted now fopen() is/was enabled prior to any investigations.. register_globals was enabled & the database server configuration file [/etc/my.cnf] was tuned for better optimization. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this..
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thankyou so much for your kind attention to my problem.

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner as i've had (totally unrelated) internet problems.

Everything appears to be ok, so thanks again.

Kind regards
        John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnEniste View Post
          Thankyou so much for your kind attention to my problem.

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner as i've had (totally unrelated) internet problems.

Everything appears to be ok, so thanks again.

Kind regards
          John
          You're welcome Please let us know if you need any further assistance.. Good luck
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Re: Ongoing problems with VPS (fopen problem?)

this should be sorted now fopen() is/was enabled prior to any investigations.. register_globals was enabled & the database server configuration file [/etc/my.cnf] was tuned for better optimization.
            Thanks for that. Saved me a lot of hours looking for the answer!
            VPS | Dedicated

Comment

Working...
            X