Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Safe Mode / Drupal / Drush

Hi,

I was going to just send in a support ticket but I thought that I'd post on the forums in the off chance that somebody else needs this info too.

I have a Drupal site sitting on a Centos VPS running PLESK. I wanted to use a command line update tool for Drupal called Drush.

I followed the install instructions for Drush, extracted it to a /usr/local/src/drush, set up the symbolic link... all looked good... until.... I got an error saying that PHP safe mode was in effect.

PLESK wants everything to run in safe mode, but as I am only using it myself for a number of clients and I am the only one with FTP access I have been turning safe mode off via PLESK for the Drupal sites I install (there are other clashes with Drupal modules and safe mode). I don't really want to edit the php.ini file to turn safe mode off completely in case PLESK throws a wobbly.

Functionally it would be nicer to have a way of turning safe mode off in CLI but I can't seem to find a CLI specific ini file anywhere. Is there any way of accomplishing this? If not is there a functional problem with turning safe mode off?

I'm running PHP 5.2.9 (cli) and PLESK 8.6.0

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Originally posted by chris_g View Post
    Hi,

I was going to just send in a support ticket but I thought that I'd post on the forums in the off chance that somebody else needs this info too.

I have a Drupal site sitting on a Centos VPS running PLESK. I wanted to use a command line update tool for Drupal called Drush.

I followed the install instructions for Drush, extracted it to a /usr/local/src/drush, set up the symbolic link... all looked good... until.... I got an error saying that PHP safe mode was in effect.

PLESK wants everything to run in safe mode, but as I am only using it myself for a number of clients and I am the only one with FTP access I have been turning safe mode off via PLESK for the Drupal sites I install (there are other clashes with Drupal modules and safe mode). I don't really want to edit the php.ini file to turn safe mode off completely in case PLESK throws a wobbly.

Functionally it would be nicer to have a way of turning safe mode off in CLI but I can't seem to find a CLI specific ini file anywhere. Is there any way of accomplishing this? If not is there a functional problem with turning safe mode off?

I'm running PHP 5.2.9 (cli) and PLESK 8.6.0

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Plesk requires safe mode? That's just silly. It's deprecated in PHP 6.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshTom View Post
      Plesk requires safe mode? That's just silly. It's deprecated in PHP 6.
      Actually it has been deprecated in 5.3 and it is completely removed in 6.

I asked EUKHOST about upgrading PHP a few weeks ago because I had heard horror stories about Plesk so they upgraded it for me to 5.2.9.... apparently Plesk breaks in 5.3.... not sure about the 9.2.x versions but the Plesk forums aren't too helpful.

I think that for now I may be stuck without Drush unless Plesk is ok with me editing the php.ini file. It is a live server so I don't really want to be messing about with it too much at the moment.

Comment

Working...
      X